“Great Golf Trip”

Mission Inn Resort & Club
Reviewed July 10, 2013

12 golfers in late June 2013 made our first golf trip to The Mission Inn. Resort has all the amenities, nice hotel rooms, 2 golf courses, carts, range balls and large practice area. Nice dinner in LaMargarita and a great seafood plus prime rib buffet on Saturday evening. Full cooked to order breakfast with everything you want. Reservations did a fantastic job with the upfront advance arrangements. Check in was perfect and matched the advance details.
El Campeon is not your typical Florida course. Has wonderful scenic views and elevation changes. El Campeon was in great condition. We did not play Las Colinas. You never have to drive or leave the property to enjoy all the features and benefits of this fine golf resort. The two room suite was large enough to hold all 12 of us for an evening gathering following golf and dinner.
This place knows how to do a golf trip and they do it extremely well. We will do this trip again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Mission Inn Resort & Club

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We recently visited the Mission Inn. The grounds are absolutely beautiful, the pool was fantastic including the poolside bartender. Our room was clean and the beds were super comfortable. We Enjoyed the Saturday evening buffet, and the gym was by far one of the best that I have seen at a resort. We enjoyed playing shuffleboard. The resort is very peaceful and full of Florida Wildlife.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at the Mission Inn over July 4th weekend and it was a very nice stay, not too far away from town and if you didn't want to leave the resort you could get an excellent meal right on the property. The breakfast buffet had a great variety with a made to order omelet station. We also had a great dinner buffet with sushi, prime rib and tons of other delicacies.

Because it's not season, it was pretty quiet and there was no entertainment at night and that was disappointing, so one night we just played pool and had some drinks at the restaurant and it turned out to be a nice night but if you're looking for a show you need to go into Mt. Dora for live music.

The rooms were nice, beds were very comfy. You can tell they are slowly but surely remodeling the inn, some parts look fantastic and others are a little worn out but everything was super clean and the staff was very attentive.

The main golf course was beautiful, El Campion. The second course is nothing great but good for beginners. They book folks on it when the first one is sold out.

We will return to the Mission Inn, no doubt.

Room Tip: If you book a club suite you get more space but be ready to see golfers right outside your balcony...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

There were approximately 8 of us that rented the pontoon for the Friday after the fourth of July and prior to us having even left home I had received a phone call and asked it we'd be willing to move our date to Saturday, as they had another group who had also booked with 10 people and one of their pontoons had broken. I had let them know that some of us were motorcyclist and we needed a day of rest from being on the boat from 9-5 before attempting a ride home. Anywho...they were able to scrape one up from somewhere and I do mean scrape! The pontoon we received was a piece of crap! Torn bimini top that tore even more in the wind, we were killing spiders, it was ripped and torn and just plain ole beat up. The horsepower on the motor allowed us to hit max speed of 5mph. Don't get me wrong, with our group we make the best of it and have fun with whatever we do and wherever we go. It was just we were so excited and left waiting and so disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sheshieshoe
BudBeucher, General Manager at Mission Inn Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Mission Inn is always looking for ways to improve the quality of our guests stays here at our property. Thank you for sharing your concerns. Due to your input, we took a look at our pontoon boats, and I'd like to share with you that our pontoon boats have been sent out for refurbishment.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband, mother and I stayed here for a long weekend/wedding getaway. On the website, the property looks beautiful- and outdoor, still is. However, the interior of the buildings have a musty-tinged odor projecting an almost underground basement feel. Our room, a double bed "Club Suite" had a beautiful golf course view, unfortunately the interior of the room was severely dated with stained carpets and matching stained white bed sheets. Upon check-in, we were told we were in the same building as the rest of the wedding block, (which was exactly what I called twice and spoke with a Barbara prior to our arrival regarding, to specifically make sure we were near the rest of the wedding party.) Once we arrived in the room to our dismay we found out we were in the furthest building away from the rest of the block. We returned to the front desk to straighten out this issue, which was the sole reason we booked months in advance, and were told unceremoniously by Paula that since we booked through Expedia, there was nothing that could be done. (We later found out the "resort" sets aside a block of older rooms furthest away from the pool for those guests booking through third party companies.) Furthermore, to our dismay, we found out even though it was noted on our reservation and the mother of the bride specifically gave the front desk staff our names, we were not given the appropriate bridal party welcome bag upon check-in. The front desk staff, mainly Paula and Fatima, are just as tired and worn out looking as the property. It is written all over Paula's face that she clearly dislikes her job and it is projected into the "service" she provides to the guests staying on property. I assure you the way we were treated will be passed along, as word of mouth is the strongest of recommendations. If you are going to treat guests who book through other companies the way we were treated, with such disdain, then do not contract with such companies to allow guests to book through. If it weren't for the wedding, we would have left after the first night, and will most certainly never return again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank MissyV912
BudBeucher, General Manager at Mission Inn Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Michelle, Thank you for your feedback. We have reached out to you privately via telephone and by letter in an effort to apologize and discuss the issues that made your stay unacceptable. Mission Inn appreciates the feedback from all of our guests, and will certainly look to identify how the issues were incurred and how they can be corrected.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed at Mission Inn for a family wedding weekend. There were lots of people in lots of rooms and the staff was always gracious, polite, friendly and professional.
Whether I/We needed transportation to the other side of the resort, a black marker, handing out gift bags upon check in, airport information or even airline check in, whatever we needed they were able to provide.
I didn't use the pool area but a lot of people in our party did and really enjoyed it. Breakfast buffet was available, room service or order from the menu!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2013

So everyone is wondering where I plan to stay in late August 2013 when I come back to Florida for a visit. I am pretty sure this is the place since I have fond memories of staying here during the Class of 81 Clermont High Reunion. I think they did a great job and went the extra mile in making the reunion party feel special after 30 years for my classmate.

I keep coming close to booking my room on Priceline or Expedia since they have amazing room rates listed there. My only concern is the rate listed on their site and the rate on travel sites does not match since their reservation site is higher. The other part I have to get past is the extra per day resort fee since I generally never use the extras and the hotels in Clermont are closer to my parent's place.....

I think my stay there last time was very nice, the staff was great and overall a very impressive hotel. So now I just have to book the room for Helen and I before all the "specials" are gone!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Howey in the Hills
Key West Resort on Lake Dora
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Leesburg/Mt Dora
Lakeside Inn
Lakeside Inn
#2 of 5 in Mount Dora
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tavares
Best Western Plus Chain Of Lakes Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Leesburg - Tavares

Been to Mission Inn Resort & Club? Share your experiences!