“Tired Property and Staff” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mission Inn Resort & Club

and 1 more site!
Mission Inn Resort & Club
Marco Island, Florida
“Tired Property and Staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband, mother and I stayed here for a long weekend/wedding getaway. On the website, the property looks beautiful- and outdoor, still is. However, the interior of the buildings have a musty-tinged odor projecting an almost underground basement feel. Our room, a double bed "Club Suite" had a beautiful golf course view, unfortunately the interior of the room was severely dated with stained carpets and matching stained white bed sheets. Upon check-in, we were told we were in the same building as the rest of the wedding block, (which was exactly what I called twice and spoke with a Barbara prior to our arrival regarding, to specifically make sure we were near the rest of the wedding party.) Once we arrived in the room to our dismay we found out we were in the furthest building away from the rest of the block. We returned to the front desk to straighten out this issue, which was the sole reason we booked months in advance, and were told unceremoniously by Paula that since we booked through Expedia, there was nothing that could be done. (We later found out the "resort" sets aside a block of older rooms furthest away from the pool for those guests booking through third party companies.) Furthermore, to our dismay, we found out even though it was noted on our reservation and the mother of the bride specifically gave the front desk staff our names, we were not given the appropriate bridal party welcome bag upon check-in. The front desk staff, mainly Paula and Fatima, are just as tired and worn out looking as the property. It is written all over Paula's face that she clearly dislikes her job and it is projected into the "service" she provides to the guests staying on property. I assure you the way we were treated will be passed along, as word of mouth is the strongest of recommendations. If you are going to treat guests who book through other companies the way we were treated, with such disdain, then do not contract with such companies to allow guests to book through. If it weren't for the wedding, we would have left after the first night, and will most certainly never return again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank MissyV912
BudBeucher, General Manager at Mission Inn Resort & Club, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Michelle, Thank you for your feedback. We have reached out to you privately via telephone and by letter in an effort to apologize and discuss the issues that made your stay unacceptable. Mission Inn appreciates the feedback from all of our guests, and will certainly look to identify how the issues were incurred and how they can be corrected.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed at Mission Inn for a family wedding weekend. There were lots of people in lots of rooms and the staff was always gracious, polite, friendly and professional.
Whether I/We needed transportation to the other side of the resort, a black marker, handing out gift bags upon check in, airport information or even airline check in, whatever we needed they were able to provide.
I didn't use the pool area but a lot of people in our party did and really enjoyed it. Breakfast buffet was available, room service or order from the menu!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

So everyone is wondering where I plan to stay in late August 2013 when I come back to Florida for a visit. I am pretty sure this is the place since I have fond memories of staying here during the Class of 81 Clermont High Reunion. I think they did a great job and went the extra mile in making the reunion party feel special after 30 years for my classmate.

I keep coming close to booking my room on Priceline or Expedia since they have amazing room rates listed there. My only concern is the rate listed on their site and the rate on travel sites does not match since their reservation site is higher. The other part I have to get past is the extra per day resort fee since I generally never use the extras and the hotels in Clermont are closer to my parent's place.....

I think my stay there last time was very nice, the staff was great and overall a very impressive hotel. So now I just have to book the room for Helen and I before all the "specials" are gone!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Grand Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We only live 45 minutes from the resort and love going back for an overnight or weekend getaway. Scott at the front desk always remembers my name when we check in. The rooms in the main building are always clean and well appointed. I have NEVER had a bad meal at Mission Inn. Nickers is great food midday, the Conquistador is one of the best high end meals in the area for the evening, the chef and servers always put the extra touches. And you can not miss Marguarites at night. Elena has always remembered what I drink. Even if you do not play golf, the resort is a tranquil stop, and always perfect for the romatic getaway. When you stay, you can not miss the Sunday brunch, best in Central Florida.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building overlooking the golf course side have best views.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Blairsville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

It has been a year since we stayed at Mission Inn. Perhaps last year was a fluke. The room was musty, the AC loud, etc. I was almost dreading the return trip. What a pleasant surprise. We had a beautiful room overlooking the golf course. Carpet was fresh and bathroom spotless. Room temp was perfect and the duvet wasn't suffocatingly hot like in some hotels. Staff more than helpful as well. Would recommend highly!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Every year a group of about of us 40 guys gather together for a golf outing. The resort is beautiful and is truly in the middle of no mans land. For 3 days, we played 5 rounds of golf and had ate all 3 daily meals at the resort or at Nicker's clubhouse.
They always take care of us and we have been coming back for 8 yrs now. One note for the avid golfers - Las Colinas greens are absolutely horrible right now! But in great customer service fashion, they discounted us some $$ because of this issue.
Otherwise, excellent resort for golf and the feel of getting away from the touristy part of Orlando!

Room Tip: For golfing nuts, request a room with a view of the golf course!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank darylemac
BudBeucher, General Manager at Mission Inn Resort & Club, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for the gift of your candid feedback. I'm glad to know that you were taken care of regarding the condition of Las Colinas. However, I know your time on El Campeon was well spent. Our grounds crew is hard at work to help Las Colinas recover from a tough winter. Thank you for your continued patronage of Mission Inn.
Varennes, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Mission Inn is the perfect place for all your activities: golf, tennis, jogging, swimming, as well as if your Company is looking for a great place to do an annual meeting. It is a dream place!
Food is excellent and you have the choice of 3 restaurants. Very relaxed environment. and there is one Top Ten Golf of Florida.... el Campion.... the Spanish environment makes you feel you are somewhere else... Very romantic. Nice view on lake. Love it, live it!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nicely decorated.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Howey in the Hills
Key West Resort on Lake Dora
Lakeside Inn
Lakeside Inn
#2 of 5 in Mount Dora
Quality Inn and Suites Mount Dora
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tavares
Hampton Inn Leesburg - Tavares
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Leesburg/Mt Dora

Been to Mission Inn Resort & Club? Share your experiences!