My husband, mother and I stayed here for a long weekend/wedding getaway. On the website, the property looks beautiful- and outdoor, still is. However, the interior of the buildings have a musty-tinged odor projecting an almost underground basement feel. Our room, a double bed "Club Suite" had a beautiful golf course view, unfortunately the interior of the room was severely dated with stained carpets and matching stained white bed sheets. Upon check-in, we were told we were in the same building as the rest of the wedding block, (which was exactly what I called twice and spoke with a Barbara prior to our arrival regarding, to specifically make sure we were near the rest of the wedding party.) Once we arrived in the room to our dismay we found out we were in the furthest building away from the rest of the block. We returned to the front desk to straighten out this issue, which was the sole reason we booked months in advance, and were told unceremoniously by Paula that since we booked through Expedia, there was nothing that could be done. (We later found out the "resort" sets aside a block of older rooms furthest away from the pool for those guests booking through third party companies.) Furthermore, to our dismay, we found out even though it was noted on our reservation and the mother of the bride specifically gave the front desk staff our names, we were not given the appropriate bridal party welcome bag upon check-in. The front desk staff, mainly Paula and Fatima, are just as tired and worn out looking as the property. It is written all over Paula's face that she clearly dislikes her job and it is projected into the "service" she provides to the guests staying on property. I assure you the way we were treated will be passed along, as word of mouth is the strongest of recommendations. If you are going to treat guests who book through other companies the way we were treated, with such disdain, then do not contract with such companies to allow guests to book through. If it weren't for the wedding, we would have left after the first night, and will most certainly never return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The magnificent Mission Inn is located just 35 minutes north of Orlando. The resort offers easy interstate access to world famous attractions. On property we have two championship golf courses, tennis, trap and skeet, Spa Marbella, boating and fishing, and a variety of leisure activities that guests come to enjoy! It's All Here at Mission Inn! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Mission Inn Resort & Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mission Inn Resort And Club
- Mission Inn Resort & Club Hotel Howey In The Hills
- Mission Hotel
- Mission Inn Resort & Club Howey In The Hills, Florida