What more can a man like me dream of than a wife who surprises him with an anniversary gift of a golf getaway? The answer: The destination for 2 days of bliss is the amazing Mission Inn Golf Resort in Howey in the Hills, Florida. Especially when one takes into consideration the history of this gem in Central Florida. As a young junior golfer growing up in Florida, the Mission Inn was the site of my summer golf camp, where I had some of the finest weeks of instruction that any junior could hope for, combined with so many lasting memories. Now, my wife, who grew up with me since we were in elementary school (about an hour and a half away in Winter Haven) blessed us with an anniversary gift we will remember forever. The resort was as always "spot on" with their hospitality, immaculate presentation and the golf course was absolutesly pristine.We had what can only be described as a 5 star dinner in one of the property's many delightful restaurants. We played the El Campeon course both mornings we were there, and the pro shop staff, the attendants and all of the hotel staff were incredibly friendly. I heard more than once, "you can do anything you like..." when we inquired about our interests. We were not only impressed, it literally gave us a feeling of being the only guests at the resort. It literally felt like time stood still just for us. The original design of El Campeon is nearly 100 years old and yet those 18 magnificent holes give the avid golfer a feeling of uncompromising visual delight, combined with a challenge he is not likely to forget. What a sheer joy to take it all in. My wife is a relatively novice golfer and to see the excitement on her face as she navigated around the purely manicured fairways and simply perfect greens...well let's just say that she may be a bit spoiled now. What an amazing anniversary. What a perfect 2 days. Thank you, Mission Inn. You gave this guy something beyond just a great resort stay. You gave me a timeless getaway that my wife and I enjoyed beyond our expectations and a beautiful journey back to my adolescence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The magnificent Mission Inn is located just 35 minutes north of Orlando. The resort offers easy interstate access to world famous attractions. On property we have two championship golf courses, tennis, trap and skeet, Spa Marbella, boating and fishing, and a variety of leisure activities that guests come to enjoy! It's All Here at Mission Inn! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Otel, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Mission Inn Resort & Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mission Inn Resort & Club Hotel Howey In The Hills
- Mission Inn Resort And Club
- Mission Hotel
- Mission Inn Resort & Club Howey In The Hills, Florida