“Brunch and lunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Consistently good food, beautiful setting and very attentive staff make this a regular and frequent choice for us, whether we are there for private pleasure or introducing our clients to the delights that La Hacienda offers.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

One recent sunny Sunday, our group of fifty adults traveled by motor coach to the Mission Inn Resort & Club for Sunday Brunch at La Hacienda. There are three other restaurants at Mission Inn - Nicker‘s Clubhouse Restaurant & Bar, La Margarita Lounge and El Conquistador Restaurant. The Mission Inn is the former Floridan Country Club. If you love Spanish architecture as much as I do, you will love the Mission Inn. I have been to Sunday Brunch at Las Haciendas before so I was less awestruck than others were in my group. Everyone enjoyed the outing.

Since we were a group, we did not sit in the main room where the buffet is situated which was a little disappointing to me. However, our room just off to the side was more intimate and lovely all the same. As soon as everyone was seated, we all headed for the buffet. There were around seven inviting food stations topped with stunning floral arrangements. I did not know where to start so I first surveyed the various stations to see the choices. Oh my! There was a plethora of cheeses, salads, breads, hot entrees, seafood, hot & cold breakfast foods, made-to-order omelets & desserts. First, I took a small plate and picked up a small portion of salad and cold seafood. I chose some fresh looking shrimp, mussels, clams, scallops and salmon. I then hit the carving station for just one slice of the Prime Rib. There were other meats there also. I received a nice thick slice cooked exactly as I wanted. After sampling a few of the prepared hot entrees, my plate was full. I did return for the smallest Eggs Benedict that I could find. It was still hot, the egg cooked perfectly and the English muffin was crispy when I ate it - unusual at a buffet.

While filling my plates, I enjoyed the music of Pianist Spess Neblett. Spess displays complementary audio CDs on the piano - Love Songs, The Sounds of Music from Rogers and Hammerstein and Broadway Tunes were some of his selections. I left a tip (optional) in the jar after choosing a CD. Do not forget to choose your copy early before he runs out of them. It makes a nice remembrance of your visit.

I managed to eat everything on my plate and it all tasted good to me. Everyone at my table was generally quite happy with the food. While we were dining, our servers arrived with complementary Champagne or Mimosas. Fruit juices and hot coffee & tea are also included. Without prompting, they continued to refill our glasses. Just be aware that if you request the mimosas, the refills already have the champagne in it unlike the first pour that is separate for the OJ & champagne. The servers were friendly and very accommodating.

Finally, it was time for some decadent desserts. Again, the choices were overwhelming. I chose a small slice of cheesecake and a couple of small sweets. I could not pass up a small pot of crème brulee. Then I served myself a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Although all the many toppings looked tempting, I just kept it simple with some strawberry sauce. By the time, we all finished eating, we were full and ready for a stroll.

Outside we took photos of the beautiful resort and its grounds. The pool looked inviting, as did the Jacuzzi. I especially admired the tiled plaques hanging on the walls. A few members of our group enjoyed the sunshine while sitting on the charming outside patio. Others of us walked over to the Chef’s Herb Garden and chatted with a member of the kitchen staff snipping some herbs. Everyone is so friendly here. The grand Holiday Buffets would be a great time to celebrate Easter Sunday, $36.99 or Mother’s Day, $38.99 for adults. Prices are a bit higher on these occasions. Although not every item pleased every single person, which is extremely difficult in a buffet setting, the ambiance, service, abundance of dishes and complementary champagne or mimosas left all of us wanting to return in the future. The restaurant has received awards from area food critics as the best brunch in central Florida. I will be back for another visit, I know. I highly recommend the Champagne Sunday Buffet.

1  Thank glomarrone
BudBeucher, General Manager at La Hacienda Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

We're so happy you enjoyed our Sunday Brunch. It's great to see our Sous Chef Myra in the Chef's garden, they really do use it! Thanks for visiting us.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I was expecting a continental breakfast, or at best some scrambled eggs and bacon, so I was blown away by the full breakfast buffet at La Hacienda. From the omelet station to the hot and cold cereals, the biscuits and gravy, and the eggs and mission potatoes, everything was well prepared and delicious. A wonderful start to each day!

1  Thank Georgia M
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Nothing special, 15 USD per person and the usual fare of breakfast buffet selections with hot and cold, continental and American, fruits, the obligatory omelette and waffle stations. Fresh OJ and coffee.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

It was an Excellent, joyful and delightful experience, the staff and the food were great, they went overboard to make us feel well