“Krystal of Baccarrat Quality”

El Conquistador Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Fusion, Soups
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is the 'Fine Dining' restaurant at Mission Inn, and is charmingly furnished with a good bar adjacent (with both a bar menu and the fine dining menu, both served from the same kitchen.

But it is the kitchen, and Krystal, the chef in it, that really shines. interesting dishes, conceived with imagination, cooked with inspiration, and served by an amiable staff makes it shine. Perhaps lobster in a cream sauce on angel hair pasta to start, then red deer venison, with suitable sides will leave you able to avoid the temptation of the decadent desert menu.

And BTW, Krystal can even give you a rare hamburger (yes Virginia, that's red inside) cooked for Black Angus prepared in the kitchen, and a no salt request is available. It will be one of the best burgers you have ever had, so imagine how well the serious items are treated.

Dress is smart resort casual, For less formal, consider the patio outdoors with great views over the top 10 golf course.

1  Thank Charles P

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

After viewing their menu on the website, my valentine and I had pretty much decided what we would be ordering on that special night. When we arrived we were handed the special menu for the evening. No variations, nothing off their regular dinner menu. Only one entree option, steak and lobster. Although the food was good, we were disappointed that there was no mention of a "special menu" only for the evening. I would hope they state this more clearly the next time.

2  Thank irishiiii2010
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We ordered Salmon special of the day and Swordfish steak. Both were well presented and done. Side of spinach was overcooked. The house salad was nice too, need more walnut.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We dined here for my husband's birthday while staying at the Mission Inn. We began with the Flash Fried Calamari which was served with a Thai Garlic dipping sauce. Outstanding. Some of the best we've ever had. My husband chose the Black Angus Filet Mignon cooked perfectly rare and extremely tender. It was served with Spinach Au Gratin Potatoes. I chose the double cut Australian Lamp Chops, cooked perfectly medium rare and equally tender and delicious . They were also served with Au Gratin Potatoes which we both thought were delicious. And because it was my husband's birthday they served what I considered to be the most delicious, decadent chocolate cake I've ever had. The service was also outstanding.

1  Thank AUNTNEEFLA
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I had the New York Strip Steak and an 11 ounce Australian Lobster tail. Cooked to perfection. The onion soup, the escargot and the creme brulee are still in my thoughts. Great service and food. Again, a hidden gem as people need to discover this place as a destination for a wonderful dinner.

1  Thank germangourmet