“Excellent Lunch!”

J. B. Boondocks Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
The Villages
“Excellent Lunch!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I'm glad I didn't read reviews before a friend and I had lunch here! The food was absolutely delicious. My friend is a native but had never been here.... the reviews she had heard were positive and rightly so. Prices are a bit high for those who are used to "fast-food" lunches but I haven't found a better Reuben sandwich anywhere.... and my friend said the same for her burger. It was nice not to stand in line but rather to sit and enjoy the view with a pleasant server who took good care of us. We won't be in the area often but will make it a point to stop in whenever we are close by.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Barbara C

Maryville, Tennessee
“Never Disappointed”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Boondocks is one of our favorite places for several reasons. Good food, nice view, very casual, and a great place to slow down and unwind. They have the best Calamari anywhere, served with their own unique Pepperonici dipping sauce. That, alone, is worth the trip. The menu is varied with everything from Sandwiches, to a wide range of Seafood, Steak, Pork and Chicken, and we've never been disappointed with anything we've ordered. It is accessible by boat, and you might just catch a glimpse of one of the resident alligators minding their own business near the dock. Highly recommended!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Sherry B
Groveland, Florida
“casual , it's a must”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have had dinner here many times. Food is good, great soft shell crabs . Very casual , I tell my friends to put on their PJ's and join us for a delicious lay back dinner on the water with pleasant smiling servers and the comfort of sitting around for as long as you'd want. Infact friends will be picking us up soon and we are going to Boondocks for a relaxing food fest .
sheila

• Visited May 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“Good food”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We ate at Boondock's this evening and it was pleasant. I had fish & chip and the portion was adequate. My wife had the crab sandwich which she said was very good. Our friends had a steak and ziti, both of which were very good as there was nothing left on anyones plate. This is the 4th or 5th time we have dined here and so far it has always been decent. Good cold beer also.

• Visited April 2013
Leesburg, Florida
“Really Nice View”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We arrived for dinner on a Thursday evening. There were 6 of us and we asked to be seated by the windows overlooking the lake. Seemed to be an inconvenience for them, but they did it. I asked if there were any drink specials and was told it was lady's night but we would have to sit at the bar to get 1/2 off drinks for ladies. VERY Disappointed in that since our table was on seat away from the bar and I don't like to sit and eat at the bar. Was told that was the Owner's rule. Barmaid could mix a great Margarita, too bad as we won't return, if i'm ordering dinner the drink specials should be given no matter where I sit. Tonight's special was a NY Strip Steak or Tilapia. 3 of us ordered the steak, NONE of them was cooked as ordered. I ordered mine medium well, it came Medium Rare, as did the other one ordered MW, the Medium one was served Medium well to Well done. When one member of our party asked to have his steak cooked more because it was too rare, the waiter said there were Peppers on the steak & that is probably what he was seeing red. I picked up my steak and said NO they are not cooked as ordered. He took it back and said they'd bring him a new steak, which they did. On a down side, all the rest of us were done with our meals by the time he got his replacement dinner. The other 3 in the party ordered fish, 1 special, 2 Fish Fry. Fish orders were all happy with their fish, unfortunately we that ordered steaks were not.
Service was not great & party member asked for a to go container & had to eventually go get it herself. Moved up to bar to get another drink after dinner for 2 drinks for us ladies it was $11.00 that means each drink was 11.00 each at full price? more than half the price of my meal!
Really nice view, but unfortunately everything else was a lot less impressive.

• Visited March 2013