“Entertaining and informative!”

$109.00*
and up
Crystal River Manatee Swim from Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: Rehabilation center for injured animals, with a broad selection of birds and reptiles, including the manatee.
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyable experience for individuals and families alike. In addition to the manatees and underwater fishbowl viewing area, I particularly enjoyed the bird exhibits. It was great seeing all the different waterfowl and the patriotic exhibit for the wounded American bald eagles. TIP: Take the boat ride if available. It's free and you might spot a gator along the way.

1  Thank WayneD14
There are newer reviews for Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park

Reviewed March 16, 2014

When I first mentioned going to the Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park, my husband was very reluctant as he prefers animal in natural settings rather than zoo settings.
Well, we went one morning while staying in Cedar Key on vacation(about an hour north of the park). Our first surprise was a nice shady kennel area for our pet, free for visitors. The second was the fun boat ride through the creek to the main zoo area. The native animal exhibits were well done and the animals a lot of fun to observe. We were even treated to a view of a new pelican baby being fed by its mom! My husband enjoyed photographing a variety of birds. Others have mentioned the hippo and he was quite the charmer. There were many families with small children enjoying the park as well as retirees. After our morning in the park, we ate our picnic lunch at the covered picnic shelter near the parking lot. Food is available in the park for those who prefer to purchase their meals.
We really enjoyed our visit and would recommend it to anyone vacationing in this part of Florida. It was well worth the time and money!

1  Thank Carolinagirl002
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is a nice small zoo with native species of Florida wildlife plus one smelly Hippo. The spring fed ponds and streams offer great views of the Manatee's when they are there, which would be early in the day I find out. The exhibits are well kept and the animals most interesting. The volunteers are very helpful, especially the boat pilot on the way into and out of the exhibit. Great for kids and adults alike.

1  Thank Lisa V
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This was my second time to this park and I really enjoy this place. The staff are friendly and helpful and the grounds are clean. All of the "resident critters" seem happy and their enclosures seem adequate. I love all of the birds...they are everywhere! It's a lovely walk around the park and then you can take the boat ride to the other visitor's center. From there, you take the open shuttle ride back through the woods. If you are a AAA member, bring your card for a discount.

1  Thank Hopsing-NH
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This was my second visit and on this visit there was my husband and I, along with our three girls under the age of 11. It was a great way to spend a few hours. Everyone wanted to see a manatee and that we did. They were in captivity, and well looked after. A little disappointing we did not see them in their natural habitat. Got to see close up, many birds, reptiles and various four legged wild life. Well kept grounds and a great family event to take in while you are visiting the area. Would consider coming back in a few years.