“Needs Health Department Inspection”
Review of Bella Oasis Hotel

Bella Oasis Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Homosassa
Milton FL
“Needs Health Department Inspection”
Reviewed June 25, 2009

Checked one room (106) and found it to be smelling of pets and cigarettes even though it was supposed to be non-smoking. Told them I needed a different room and paid and went to that room (108) and found that it smelled of mold, bathroom was dirty and refrigerator was inoperable and moldy. Decided that this was probably not going to be a pleasant experience and went to front desk to get my money back. While passing room 104, I noticed what appeared to be a fly breeding ground! The inside of the windows in that room were covered with flies! The front desk gladly gave us our money back, which leads me to believe that this is a common problem. Get room at Best Western or Days Inn in Crystal River.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Czech first
Ocala, FL
Reviewed June 17, 2009

I am disgusted to report that this place has gone even further down hill. It should be called a dump, not bella, oasis, spa, or resort. And the rates have hit the roof! The only thing it has going for it is the location. The people who work there have an attitude, the rooms are not clean, and the renovations have never gotten done. My room smelled moldy and stale. The air conditioner was so loud and couldn't be fine tuned. It was either a meat locker or a sweat chamber, no in between. The carpet was so dirty that my socks turned black on the 1st trip to the bathroom, which itself was kind of gross. There was even some trash already in one of the trash cans when I got there. I specifically reserved a down stairs room as there are no elevators and I have hip issues. They tried to tell me there was not a single room downstairs, unless, of course I wanted to upgrade for more money. Give me a break! And the breakfast is even a bigger joke. Stale pastries is about all you'll see. Even the coffee tasted "off." Forget this place. Stay somewhere else. You can't say you haven't been warned! I am never going back and I can put up with a lot. They finally have grossed me out.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Homosassa hotels

Chicago
Reviewed June 12, 2009

Have never been so disappointed!!! Was disgusting!!!!! Tiki bar, yea right! Breakfast area, filthy. Pool is the only thing this dump has going for it, although the the outdoor shower did not work. We were trying to avoid the mold infested bathroom. Do not go there. I'd rather sleep in my car. Our 3 nights turned into 1. YECH

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Irvine, CA
Reviewed May 12, 2009

First time visitors to Homosassa Springs on vacation from California. The hotel appeared charming on the website. Our "non-smoking" room stank of cigarettes. The staff obviously does not enforce the policy. The room was large and we always appreciate having a fridge in the room, but didn't dare walk barefoot on the old and dingy carpet. The property is old, tired and could use a new paint job. Our room, adjacent to the parking lot , offered a view of dozens of old mattresses piled up in the back with several feral cats residing in them. Since our primary reason for staying at the Bella Oasis was to visit the wildlife park next door, we got to enjoy some extra wildlife of the feline variety. The food at the restaurant was "interesting" and the continental breakfast offered a variety of as much processed white flour items you could consume. I stuck to the generic brand Cheerios and milk. If you do choose to stay at this hotel, say hello to "Bubbles" for us.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed April 19, 2009

The only reason I stayed in the Crystal River area was so I could snorkel with the manatees early in the morning. I was deceived by the Bella Oasis website, which advertised the hotel as a 4-star resort and spa. DO NOT GET TRICKED! There is no spa, nor is this hotel anywhere near resort quality. The place has a cheap motel feel. The door to the lobby was falling apart, and the room was completely disgusting. I showered with slippers on and refused to use the toilet. There were stains and dirt throughout the bathroom, not to mention mold growing around the sink. I was a victim of Bella Oasis' false advertisement, and hope this review serves as a warning to all future travelers. The only saving grace was the free wireless internet so I could book a nicer hotel for the next night. Do not stay here!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
justfok
Reviewed April 19, 2009

My girlfriend and I went to Florida for a week and we decided to stay at the Bella Oasis Hotel for the last two days of our trip to enjoy the "spa" services at the hotel.

After checking in, we discovered that there was no "spa" in any sense of the word.

Not only that, the room itself was filthy with mold on the sink and black marks in the tub. Don't even get me started on the toilet...

I think you would do better staying at a "brand name" hotel.

Luckily, they let us escape after the first night and didn't force us to stay the 2nd night (hence the 4 star service rating).

Do not stay here unless everything else is full.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Jessikha4jc
Reviewed April 5, 2009

We stayed here for four nights while visiting family.

Pro's: The pool is very nice, very clean. The pool area has plenty of chairs and tables. The food from the bar is pretty good, the drinks are ok. There is a Microwave and mini fridge in the rooms. We weren't interested in eating out three times a day and having a fridge in the room made it easy to eat well, healthy and cheap! The #1 plus is the beds. We got a room with a king bed and it was VERY comfortable for a hotel bed. I had a great night sleep every night I was here.

Con's: Like a lot of hotels there are no other outside light sources other than the big window that faces where the parking lot and ppl are. Since I like my privacy I kept it closed, leading to a feeling of cabin fever. The sun by the pool made up for it. The breakfast is horrible! They had bagels and muffins...too bad they were moldy. They also had cereal. I stuck to coffee, which let me down the last morning because it had chunks of grinds in it. And the #1 con (it's a hard one to get past) is the dirty rooms. The shower had hair all over and the shower curtain was COVERED in mold!! After complaining they sent a new one up right away. The floors are unbelievably dirty. After only a few minutes they left our bare feet totally black. We had to clean them in the tub and then walk in sandals 24/7. It was very dusty also.

We have complained to the front desk and they informed us that they had recently fired one of their maids because of all the complaints. They are apparently trying to really turn this place around…I’m sure it could be pretty nice if they get their act together.

PS there is no spa. It is "under construction"

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Homosassa
Hampton Inn Crystal River
Best Western Crystal River Resort
Days Inn Crystal River
Days Inn Crystal River
#6 of 9 in Crystal River

Been to Bella Oasis Hotel? Share your experiences!