“What a dump!!!!!!!!”
Review of Bella Oasis Hotel

Bella Oasis Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Homosassa
Reviewed June 12, 2009

Have never been so disappointed!!! Was disgusting!!!!! Tiki bar, yea right! Breakfast area, filthy. Pool is the only thing this dump has going for it, although the the outdoor shower did not work. We were trying to avoid the mold infested bathroom. Do not go there. I'd rather sleep in my car. Our 3 nights turned into 1. YECH

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 12, 2009

First time visitors to Homosassa Springs on vacation from California. The hotel appeared charming on the website. Our "non-smoking" room stank of cigarettes. The staff obviously does not enforce the policy. The room was large and we always appreciate having a fridge in the room, but didn't dare walk barefoot on the old and dingy carpet. The property is old, tired and could use a new paint job. Our room, adjacent to the parking lot , offered a view of dozens of old mattresses piled up in the back with several feral cats residing in them. Since our primary reason for staying at the Bella Oasis was to visit the wildlife park next door, we got to enjoy some extra wildlife of the feline variety. The food at the restaurant was "interesting" and the continental breakfast offered a variety of as much processed white flour items you could consume. I stuck to the generic brand Cheerios and milk. If you do choose to stay at this hotel, say hello to "Bubbles" for us.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2009

The only reason I stayed in the Crystal River area was so I could snorkel with the manatees early in the morning. I was deceived by the Bella Oasis website, which advertised the hotel as a 4-star resort and spa. DO NOT GET TRICKED! There is no spa, nor is this hotel anywhere near resort quality. The place has a cheap motel feel. The door to the lobby was falling apart, and the room was completely disgusting. I showered with slippers on and refused to use the toilet. There were stains and dirt throughout the bathroom, not to mention mold growing around the sink. I was a victim of Bella Oasis' false advertisement, and hope this review serves as a warning to all future travelers. The only saving grace was the free wireless internet so I could book a nicer hotel for the next night. Do not stay here!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2009

My girlfriend and I went to Florida for a week and we decided to stay at the Bella Oasis Hotel for the last two days of our trip to enjoy the "spa" services at the hotel.

After checking in, we discovered that there was no "spa" in any sense of the word.

Not only that, the room itself was filthy with mold on the sink and black marks in the tub. Don't even get me started on the toilet...

I think you would do better staying at a "brand name" hotel.

Luckily, they let us escape after the first night and didn't force us to stay the 2nd night (hence the 4 star service rating).

Do not stay here unless everything else is full.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2009

We stayed here for four nights while visiting family.

Pro's: The pool is very nice, very clean. The pool area has plenty of chairs and tables. The food from the bar is pretty good, the drinks are ok. There is a Microwave and mini fridge in the rooms. We weren't interested in eating out three times a day and having a fridge in the room made it easy to eat well, healthy and cheap! The #1 plus is the beds. We got a room with a king bed and it was VERY comfortable for a hotel bed. I had a great night sleep every night I was here.

Con's: Like a lot of hotels there are no other outside light sources other than the big window that faces where the parking lot and ppl are. Since I like my privacy I kept it closed, leading to a feeling of cabin fever. The sun by the pool made up for it. The breakfast is horrible! They had bagels and muffins...too bad they were moldy. They also had cereal. I stuck to coffee, which let me down the last morning because it had chunks of grinds in it. And the #1 con (it's a hard one to get past) is the dirty rooms. The shower had hair all over and the shower curtain was COVERED in mold!! After complaining they sent a new one up right away. The floors are unbelievably dirty. After only a few minutes they left our bare feet totally black. We had to clean them in the tub and then walk in sandals 24/7. It was very dusty also.

We have complained to the front desk and they informed us that they had recently fired one of their maids because of all the complaints. They are apparently trying to really turn this place around…I’m sure it could be pretty nice if they get their act together.

PS there is no spa. It is "under construction"

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2009

OK! It is not a spa. And there is a little wear here and there. And we had to switch rooms because the air conditioning was broke. But traveling with a pet for the first time produces a different perspective.

They are inexpensive and were very accommodating to our traveling with a pet. We sat outdoors by the pub with our dog, and had lunch while watching turtles and wading birds below.

The best thing was being able to walk to the state park next door. Don't miss that if you are in the area.

So if you are traveling with the pooch, consider them.

Stayed: January 2009
2  Thank Teddy_Mak
Reviewed January 8, 2009

We had a great week in Florida. The motel is busy, ALL the staff were helpfull, polite, and tried their best to accomodate our family. IT is a Pet Friendly motel.
The reservation prices however do differ from one customer to another with different prices for different days.
ABBA and BRENDA you two are WONDERFUL

The bar and resturant had lovey people working there to.
In all we had a great time. The motel is older but has new management so hopefully the few problems people have had in the past will be resolved.
I would recommend this motel to everyone
On our way to Fla and home to CANADA we stayed at 2 other motels each way and they were CRAP compared to the BELLA OASIS
Linda

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Lindacro
Also consider these accommodations in or near Homosassa
Hampton Inn Crystal River
#4 of 9 in Crystal River
The Chassahowitzka Hotel
The Chassahowitzka Hotel
#1 of 3 in Homosassa

Been to Bella Oasis Hotel? Share your experiences!