“Not what it appears to be”
Review of Bella Oasis Hotel

Bella Oasis Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Homosassa
Berkshire
“Not what it appears to be”
Reviewed April 2, 2008

This place puts itself out as a spa hotel but it does not have one. Approximately 50% of the staff are very unaccommodating.
Some of the staff were rude
The rooms are average.
The bar restaurant is like a bikers grill with locals in (hardly a spa set-up)
I witnessed guests complaining that their money had been taken from the room. The hotel reception said "we presume any money left laying around is tips no matter what amount"
The hotel is located conveniently next to Homosassa park but very noisy as on main road and lots of noisy local drunks.

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank Lifefun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Czech first
Texas
Reviewed March 31, 2008

As one reviewer noted, this wasn't an oasis nor a spa. In fact, this was probably the most chintzy hotel I have ever seen. One little bar of soap, no shampoo, and a "complimentary breakfast" that would have been laughable if there hadn't been a nice woman working there who was obligated to serve it apologetically.

Sure, there's wifi--however, there are almost no outlets in the rooms. The one accessible (other than in the bathroom) outlet was all sprung and didn't hold the plug.

More about that breakfast. When we checked in, we were told to come to the desk for breakfast vouchers in the morning. Why they didn't just give the info to the dining room is a puzzle, but I didn't mind the delayed voucher thing. I was told that we would have our choice of four breakfasts or we could use our vouchers for $2 off on any other breakfast.

So in the morning we went and picked up our vouchers and went to the dining room where we were given menus. I forget what all the choices were but here are the two I recall:

1. Biscuit and sausage gravy
2. Danish and coffee

I ordered the biscuit and gravy and had coffee while I waited. In the meantime, someone (obviously another guest) came into the dining room all angry and talked with the waitress. Curious, I asked what had happened and she said the woman hadn't understood that she would have to pay extra for her coffee since she hadn't ordered the breakfast that HAD coffee with it (meaning the danish). I promptly cancelled my biscuit order and went with the danish (which was served in a plastic wrapper). The coffee, incidentally, would have cost me $1.65.

So the Bella Oasis is willing to alienate guests right and left in order to do them out of $1.65.

On the up side, we slept well and the beds were comfortable. The room was clean.

• Liked — Beds
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Goatview

Travelers are raving about these Homosassa hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Homosassa
Hampton Inn Crystal River
Best Western Crystal River Resort
Days Inn Crystal River
Days Inn Crystal River
#6 of 9 in Crystal River

Been to Bella Oasis Hotel? Share your experiences!