“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!”
Review of Bella Oasis Hotel

Bella Oasis Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Homosassa
Reviewed July 4, 2011

This hotel was the worst I have ever stayed in!!!!! We made this a side trip and used a coupon from a travel book you pick up at rest stops. I have always had luck with them in the past and we did a quick check on this web site. Check in was busy and they were almost sold out, so I thought it couldn't be too bad. WRONG!!! We rented 3 rooms and each one was dirty! Mattresses were old and worn, sheets thin--no mattress pad under then either. The celings were high and had gobs of spider webs in the corners! Curtains were off the hooks at the tops. My daughter's room had dead bugs. Towels, if you even had any, were stained and thin. Mold in the showers, broken furniture, missing items (iron) and signs placed in the room that they were going to charge you for what was missing! What a joke, everything was missing! We would have left but we had been on the road for 17 hours and the kids were tired so we decided to stay. We took the kids to the pool and surprise, no towels there either. The girl at the front desk (who was pleasant) did give me a couple but later when my daughter went for towels for the room, there were none left! The pool had about 6 louge chairs and the coushins were mouldy! Yuck!!! The hotel was very busy, a lot of boats in the parking lot so obviously the horrid conditions did not bother the other guests! I guess I am just used to better.
In the morning we went down to the "deluxe" continental breakfast and it consisted of corn flakes, waffel mix (1 waffel maker) and a loaf of white bread. That's it! I flipped at that point. I went to the front desk and told them that their hotel was the absolute worst I had ever stayed in and the clerk said, "yea we hear that a lot." Then she tried to explain that it was a continental breakfast..I know what that means...but it usually includes some danish, muffins, bagel, fruit etc. It is obvious that whom ever owns this place does not give a crap about the comfort of the guests. If they invested some money it could be halfway decent. But if was painfully obvious that they have no idea how to run a hotel! DO NOT STAY (unless of course you dont mind dirt).
My kids and granchildren commented "you know this place is bad if this group is packed up and in the cars by 8:15 am! We couldn't get out of there fast enough!

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank needsarestNewJersey

Reviewed June 28, 2011

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Where to begin? At check-in we were greeted by a lazy woman who had no information about the area and was totally sarcastic. She acted as if we were bothering her when we were trying to check in. After leaving the rude woman working at the front desk, we walked through the courtyard which looked very unkept. Although the grass was mowed, the owner clearly didn't want to spend the extra money to edge and landscape. In the parking lot there were piles of discarded cigarettes from emptied out ashtrays dumped by patrons. The outside of the hotel needed major cleaning and pressure washing. Upon entering the room we noticed the following: dirt and/or mold on the curtains; the carpet was extremely filthy and we refused to walk barefoot on it; the bed sheets were worn out and old; there was a film of grime on everything including the alarm clock; the mirror in the bathroom was sawed off/broken in the corner and there was an unknown substance that had dried while dripping down the side of the mirror; there appeared to be dried blood splattered on the tissue dispenser next to the mirror: the lampshades were consistently dirty and one of them was ripped. In the morning we walked to the lobby and to see about the "complimentary" breakfast which consisted of tiny styrofoam mini-cups for the old cheap coffee and a cheap container of cereal. There was cereal and food all over the floor. Upon experiencing a stay at a hotel where the owners spend as little money as possible on the accomodations, it was very surprising to see one of the owner's recently washed and waxed BMW prominently displayed at the entrance to the lobby. I would not board my dog in the room where I stayed. This place should not be in business.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank beauty82
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Room is big enough, but there were lots of hair in the tub and on the bathroom floor. Also this is the first time I have been to a hotel where the sheet came off my bed tvice during the night. It was like it to small for the bed.

The rates are good so for one night I survived.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank Daffe
Reviewed January 28, 2011

They have great affordable rooms that were cleaned everyday. Employee's we're helpful and polite when I needed something, free complementary continental breakfast was fabulous! By far a fantastic hotel, would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DarthMatticus
Reviewed January 2, 2011

Rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. Had no problems and the staff was friendly. It may not be the Ritz but well worth the price.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank krb1962
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Granted we needed a cheap motel. However, being cheap doesn't mean it has to be filthy. I travel for my job and have stayed at many many motels/hotels around the country. I have stayed in several old hotels, however they were spotless. Old doesn't mean it has to be dirty. I actually had to ask the housekeeper to clean the phone. It had so much visible grime and dirt on it I was afraid to pick it up to call the front desk for a wake up call. She cleaned the phone but did not wipe off the night stand. I needed to move the bed to plug in a clock radio (that I had to ask for) and dust doesn't even describe how icky dirty it was behind the beds. I too had black feet from walking barefooted in the room. The staff is nice, and it was nice to be able to walk over to the boats for the Wildlife Park, but that is about it. The free breakfast is marginal and was messy when I went up to see what they had. I was worried about bugs just because the place was so dirty. Also, the air conditioning vents were pretty gross. I will never stay here again and was very glad to leave. We did not use the pool, but when I walked by it there was a sign that said something about paying 5.00 dollars to use it. Not sure what that was about. If you can afford it pay the extra money for a better place.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank hummingbrd
Reviewed October 23, 2010

We stayed her for 4 nights, we ate in the bar 3 of these nights the the food first class and very reasonable. A really great atmosphere and top service. The hotel was clean and the staff could not have been any more helpful. I would stay here if in the area again. Does not deserve of the reiews it has on some of the websites.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank socksthecat57
Also consider these accommodations in or near Homosassa
The Port Hotel and Marina
Holiday Inn Express Crystal River
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Weeki Wachee

Been to Bella Oasis Hotel? Share your experiences!