“COSY LITTLE PLACE FOR BREAKFAST OF LUNCH”

The Starting Gate Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 56 Restaurants in Homosassa
Cuisines: Diner
Description: All American Diner, serving breakfast and brunch. Vegetarian & Gluten Free options.
Homosassa, Florida
“COSY LITTLE PLACE FOR BREAKFAST OF LUNCH”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Stopped in to check this place out and was pleasantly surprised. It is pretty non-descript from the road but turned out to be pretty good.
Waitress was friendly and attentive as was the cook. My wife had the chicken salad and I had the pattie melt. Both were very good. Mac Cheese was excellent! Fries were average but good. Cute horsey décor (jumpers and racers) as owner previously did both but now only breeds them.

Recommended

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Port Orange, Florida
“Blueberries!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

My dad and I stopped here, while visiting Homosassa, right before the Cobia Tournament started. We had breakfast: 2 pancakes, 2 eggs, and sausage links. The service was wonderful; we were made to feel like we knew the owners, and we enjoyed the conversation. They had organic, grown themselves, blueberries. Of course, I had to add some to my pancakes. Best pancakes ever. The sausage links are the real ones, all plump and large, full of tasty goodness. Everything was wonderful. I would go back in a heart beat, just for those blueberries. We also bought blueberry cobbler to go, and later, we both ate it, enjoying the heavenly taste of all those fresh blueberries. Truly wonderful.

• Visited June 2014
St. Petersburg, Florida
“The Starting Gate is #1”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My husband and I live St. Petersburg, FL and we drove up to Homosassa the end of May to get away from the city. I have been going to Homosassa for 16+ years with my family for vaction, but it was my husbands first time going. We went into The Starting Gate restaurant early the 1st morning and they were busy but Tracey & Gale greeted us as soon as we walked in. Their restaurant was VERY CLEAN. They treated us like they have known us for a lifetime....The breakfast is the best that we have ever had and we have traveled all over!!!! The price is great and the service is EXCELLENT. Just to show how much we loved it, we drove up there again this past weekend just to have their breakfast again and Tracey & Gale remembered us.... Made us feel very welcomed. I have to tell everyone to go there. Thank you Tracey & Gale, we will see you in 3 weeks.

1 Thank Kimberly V
Ocala, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FANTASTIC”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Memorial weekend and we spent it in old Homosassa. Decided to have breakfast at the Starting Gate. There has been several owners over the years but the current owner has turned this into a fantastic place. First thing I check is how clean a restaurant is. It was spotless and since the kitchen is right there as part of the dining area you could see how clean and neat that was. My wife wanted a pancake with her breakfast and the owner offered her a blueberry addition that was grown in their organic garden. Everything was perfect and we were so pleased with our visit. I believe once the word gets out about this place there will be standing lines to get in here.

1 Thank Lyle K
Poland, Ohio
“Great Little place and CLEAN!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Went for lunch on 05/10 /14 had a late breakfast, was was very nice , limited menu , great people , great service, I pleasant surprise how clean this place was! hours are till 2pm daily so get there fir breakfast or lunch...

1 Thank DAVID L