“FANTASTIC”

The Starting Gate Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 59 Restaurants in Homosassa
Cuisines: Diner
Description: All American Diner, serving breakfast and brunch. Vegetarian & Gluten Free options.
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Memorial weekend and we spent it in old Homosassa. Decided to have breakfast at the Starting Gate. There has been several owners over the years but the current owner has turned this into a fantastic place. First thing I check is how clean a restaurant is. It was spotless and since the kitchen is right there as part of the dining area you could see how clean and neat that was. My wife wanted a pancake with her breakfast and the owner offered her a blueberry addition that was grown in their organic garden. Everything was perfect and we were so pleased with our visit. I believe once the word gets out about this place there will be standing lines to get in here.

1  Thank Lyle K

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Went for lunch on 05/10 /14 had a late breakfast, was was very nice , limited menu , great people , great service, I pleasant surprise how clean this place was! hours are till 2pm daily so get there fir breakfast or lunch...

1  Thank DAVID L
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We were in Homosassa 2 days and ate both breakfasts here The place is very clean and bright. The food was delicious and the owners made us feel very welcome. We will be back next time we're in town

1  Thank Linda J
Reviewed April 19, 2014

When you walk in this new breakfast spot you are greeted by interesting horse racing decor, and delighted by the cleanliness. Small local grill, but very bright and friendly atmosphere. Here visiting family for Easter, I went with four hungry teen boys who, at the owner's advice, chowed down on the biscuits and gravy. The boys loved it, and were all stuffed to the gills with the full order size. I had a basic breakfast and it was very good also. Pricing was great too. We hear the Philly Steak is another specialty of the house ... maybe we'll try that tomorrow before heading out.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Two friends and I went here for lunch today. Picked this place due to all the great reviews on here. We rode by it because there were not any cars in the lot and it was about 12:30, lunch time. We decided to turn around and give it a try. Glad we did. We only had sandwiches but they were delicious.. I had the patty melt and it was SOOO good. Very personable gentleman there. Possibly the owner. Service was good also.

1  Thank Janice S