“Name says it all!”
Review of Dan's Clam Stand

Dan's Clam Stand
Ranked #8 of 67 Restaurants in Homosassa
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

Love unassuming places with great food, and this is one! Clam strips & fries were hot, fresh, and fabulous, and the best clam chowder (New England) I’ve had on this trip to the Nature Coast & in a long time. Will be back to try their award winning burger! (Yes, burger!) :)

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed September 23, 2018

Took my mom and wife here for lunch and dinner. Fabulous, Fresh and a friendly, hard-working staff. Dan sang happy birthday to me.…. Definitely a great find!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed September 14, 2018

I was dismayed when I read the review saying the food was greasy and the floor unkempt since I have been enjoying great seafood, burgers, onion rings, fries, cole slaw and salads on a regular basis for 12 years. I have personally observed the staff and owner carefully wiping tables after patrons leave and using a sweeper to clean the floor when food has been dropped by customers. The seafood is very lightly hand-breaded and fried crisp but not over done and definitely not greasy. All meals are cooked to order and delivered to the table piping hot, well prepared and presented. The staff and owner greet you when you enter the restaurant and immediately treat you like a treasured family member. Please don’t let one bad review stop you from trying this establishment. I personally recommend the colossal shrimp that I again had for lunch today.

Date of visit: September 2018
Cathy A, Public Relations Manager at Dan's Clam Stand, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2018

Thank you so much..looking forward to having u come back.

Cat

Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

We had heard great things about this restaurant and were excited to try it. The place was dirty and smelled like old grease inside. We ordered a selection of seafood and all had a greasy taste. The floor looked like it hadn't been swept in days and walls were not very clean. Would not go back or recommend.

Date of visit: March 2018

We are sorry to hear of ur bad experience with us. If u were at the Homosassa location the week before last. One day we had a power outage for over an hour causing our fans to go off which would cause a grease smell. Would like for u to give us another chance. If u would let us know that u would please contact us.

Thank you.

Cat

Reviewed September 3, 2018

as you travel the highways and byways of Homosassa and Crystal River you will find this place to be a little off the side of the road...NO WORRIES...

I have been here multiple times, and usually you can find fault. Not with Dan's. Excellent food with a great staff.

Walk in and enjoy the scenic stuff they line the walls. Homosassa style ! Makes you want to live here.

Food, on the other hand, is better than you should expect. CLAMS, CLAMS, CLAMS, these are not your bargain basement frozen variety ! Fries, fresh and hot, drinks, cold and delicious.

Do yourself and your family a favor and stop by. You will nor be sorry !

Date of visit: July 2018

Been to Dan's Clam Stand? Share your experiences!