“Course always in great shape”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Southern Woods Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: This 18-hole Bermuda Grass course with water in play was designed by Hale Irwin and Dick Phelps, and stretches 6,900 yards at par 72.
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Good course, challenging enough. Most fairways pretty wide, but you must pick your spots carefully on several holes, or you will be looking at trees. Greens can be fast and challenging. 16th kind of fun for a short hole.

There are newer reviews for Southern Woods Golf Club

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I don't golf but since I live nearby I would love to have this be a reliable place to eat. Unfortunately that has not been my experience. Every couple of months I stop in for lunch to see if they have their act together, but that has not been my experience yet. If you eat in the lounge it is very loud when the golfers are rehashing their match.

The service has been consistently slow. One time I got a glass of Ice Tea and after 10 minutes I still had not been given a menu. There were only two other parties and there were two waitresses. Finally I went up to the bar, signed for the tea and told them that I was going over to the Sugar Mill Woods Clubhouse where I could get some food. The lunch and service at SMW was fine. This is odd since both places are owned by the same corporation, but there is a world of difference in the dining experience..

1  Thank aout_19
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Great course, beautiful clubhouse, qualified staff and challenging holes. Worth a visit. Bring extra golf balls

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Service is slow. Quality of meals are inconsistent. There have been many chef turnovers in the dining room.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

Very unintimidating relaxed course - but challenging...extremely enjoyable!

1  Thank Page A