“Outstanding Experience!! Don't miss this one!”

Captain Stu's Airboat Tours
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding Experience!! Don't miss this one!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

This was a fantastic rice and an even better chance to learn the history of the area from this wonderful captain! We had a terrific ride and great conversation!! Thanks so much Capt. Stu!!!

Visited April 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank nursespiel

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“What a jerk!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My family came together from 4 different cities, called off work, and drove 3 hours for my moms birthday. But two days before our trip a man called us and told us his boat was broken and our trip was canceled. This was very frustrating because we had to change our plans last minute, and because this is a small area, everyone else was booked. The morning of our canceled ride he called my mom furious and asked us where we were?! My mom explained the situation of the phone call two days before and he lost it. He yelled at my mom and told her that we cost him money, and that he knew nothing about the prior phone call... He then said in a very sarcastic tone, "well happy birthday to you!" And hung up on my mom.

The problem I have with Capt. Stu is this, even if he truly knew nothing about the phone call telling us it was canceled, even if he was frustrated, there are better ways to treat your customers then yelling at them and hanging up on them, especially on their birthday. How rude is that?!!

I'm very disappointed, not only that our trip was ruined, but more so by Capt. Stu's actions. We would have loved to re-book our trip for another time or day, but he lost a potential customer for sure. Very sad that people can't treat other people with respect and handle situations like a grown adult.

Visited April 2013
4 Thank OleFloridaGirl
Burlington, Canada
209 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 189 helpful votes
“Captain Stu knows his stuff!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was visiting in the area and took an airboat tour with Captain Stu. He knew so much about the area and has a great manner about him. I learned a lot about the area and loved the tour even if I didn't get to see any manatees!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank SLT1962
Marple, United Kingdom
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Fantastic Value and Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I know I keep giving mainly 5 stars, but I would give this a 6 if it was allowable.
We rang the previous day to make the booking. Arrived at the marina next to Monkey Island where Capt Stu was waiting with 2 fellow passengers.
Introduced himself and we climbed aboard.
Now, I have been on airboats three times, in the south of Florida and in Orlando, but this was certainly the best (and the cheapest, $35 WOW).
Slow start down the river (due to manatees), then off into the grasslands of Gulf. No straight lines, cutting back and forth, across small patches of dry land. Stopped for 5 mins whilst Capt give us some great insight into the area. Sped off into the Gulf, stopped again for a 10 min educational lesson. We were then informed we were going into Mud Creek, and if we get stuck, we have to get off !. Wow what a ride, bounced around like it was a roller coaster, great fun.
Overall, very educational, Capt Stu was informative, friendly without being over the top, he clearly enjoys his 'work'. Great fun, and the scenery, wow. Highly recommended.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank BacardiMan66
Hernando, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The Best!”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Have been out with Capt. Stu a few times and have always had a great time. Last time, we had the exciting experience of interacting with a pod of dolphins. There's always something interesting to see on the rides. Stu's a great guy and always makes sure that everyone is having a good time. Can't say enough nice things about Capt Stu's Airboat tours.

Visited July 2012