“The place in Homosassa for fresh seafood”
Review of The Freezer

The Freezer
Ranked #3 of 58 Restaurants in Homosassa
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Restaurant/Bar in an old seafood freezer on the water where boats bring in their fresh catch. Amazing shrimp, fish dip and stone crabs. A lot of local controversy around restaraunt so it is becoming very popular.
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Small space but packed with locals and visitors seeing the best seafood in town.. not much on the menu for those who don't eat seafood.. but if you like crab, shrimp or the like, this is your place.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,377)

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I love the generous servings, the shrimp, the cold beer, the great people and the great atmosphere. It is a converted freeezer and I know that because I used to come down here when commercial fisherman came in to sell fish and get ice.

1  Thank punkin34446
Reviewed June 24, 2012

It actually has good drinks. We went there around New Year's of 2010 when my Mom's Brother visited from California and it was an experience that I have being there. I've only been there once with my parents and when my Mom's Brother was in town visiting.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Simple menu, cold drinks. The locals love it. Seating at a premium.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Awesome shrimp!! A jewel of a place with a relaxing atmosphere on weekdays. The weekends are uncomfortably crowded.