“Live Cajun Music, good food”
Review of Neon Leon's Zydeco Steak House - CLOSED

Neon Leon's Zydeco Steak House
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 15, 2011

We came on a Friday night and it was packed! Live musical entertainment. Had the smoked mullet dip and grouper po boy which were both good. Make reservations though since all the tables were full and we sat at a small countertop. Even the bar had reservations so we could not sit there.

Reviewed January 31, 2011

In my experiences as a kitchen appliance tech I have been in many kitchens. I have worked in Manhattan Ny in some of the best restaurants. Mitch asked me if I could look at his walk in cooler. I opened the door and found the cooler clean and neat. The food was well covered and sealed. I used my digital thermostat and found the cooler to be within the ranges that food sould be stored. I was then offered a free meal and had the fried gator plate. The food was great. The entertainment by Dave.Mitch and Bill is different and entertaining. I would go back anytime and of course make my reservation. So if you want good food and good entertainment go to Leons Fred Falco

Reviewed January 31, 2011

My family was in town for the holidays and we all went to neon leons......having started off with some amazing fried pickles and crabcake apps we then moved on to jambalaya.....let me say that it hit just the right spot!... Others in my family enjoyed their good as well...dinners ordered included the catfish louisiana and the french quarter...and to top off the evening the entertainer was playing a mix of blues zydeco and oldies that made the while experience wonderful for every body! Thank you for the holiday treat for my family!

Reviewed September 1, 2010

The appetizer, bacon wrapped shrimp stuffed with crab, was very good - so was the corn bread. I ordered the oyster PO-boy - I don't know what I got, but there sure weren't any oysters in it. It tasted like over done hush-puppies. The Etouffee was alright - not great. The entertainment was great - a lot of fun. We will go back and I'll stick to hamburgers.

2  Thank FloridaBeth
Reviewed May 30, 2010

We live in lovely Homosassa part-time. Neon Leon's restaurant is quite close to our home and as a result, we frequently walk to the restaurant. The kindheartedness of the owners have led them to actually driving us home several times during torrential downpours! Further, the consistency of food quality, delightful atmosphere, superb customer service and the attention of the ownership is absolutely outstanding. We travel the globe and have eaten all over the world. Leon and his wife are some of the MOST hospitable, gracious and customer-centric people we have met. If the food is not perfect, they will correct it immediately. We continue to be very impressed with their dedication to quality, cleanliness, and fantastic staff. We only wish that all restaurants were so extraordinary! We recommend Zydeco to anyone that enjoys outstanding food, delightful atmosphere and warmhearted staff. Five stars! Nice job Zydeco’s! BTW…try Wednesday night to check out the entertaining band!!

Peter and Callie