“Entertaining evening” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Neon Leon's Zydeco Steak House - CLOSED

Neon Leon's Zydeco Steak House
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Entertaining evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Back home visiting for the holidays, and decided to take four teenage boys out for local seafood. Fun, low key, MardiGras atmosphere, and the food was great too. I think they enjoyed the cornbread too much before their food came out. (No need for appetizers). The hungry boys all had the gator and not one of them cleaned their plate -- lots of food. I had the shrimp/scallop combo with fried okra and hush puppies ... also great. Glad we called ahead, because the place was packed (with locals). The entertainment was uniquely southern and amusing. The talent sang, played the banjo, the slide, the drums and he was particularly engaging with the kids of all ages, and gave my crew just the right amount of grief. For a low key, fun and unique Cajun dining experience, this is it. If you have a large party, call ahead!

Visited April 2014

Ocala, Florida
“What happend?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

We were so excited to share one of our favorite destination restaurants with our friends. We stopped in on a recent weekend afternoon. We were embarrassed after the drinks came out and still hopeful the food would redeem our choice of venue. Not a chance! The food was horrible also. The fish sandwich portion was too small. The crab stuffed shrimp a joke and overcooked. The Muffaletta, a bad ham sandwich on a bun. We will not be back. If you go, enjoy a draft or something simple and the atmosphere.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank KAR86
Crystal River, Florida
“Great atmosphere, great food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I drove by while looking for another place that was recommended, and decided we had to check it out! Are we ever glad we did! Excellent food, reasonable prices, and just a great atmosphere over all. So glad we found this gem!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank billf155
Satellite Beach, Florida
“So much fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

We had awesome dinners - étouffée for all four of us! Delicious! The music was fun and entertaining. The musicians pulled diners up on stage to play instruments along with them. Lots of energy!

Visited March 2014
inverness florida
“bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Went there last night for our annivasery dinner all I can say is nightmare...our food came out I had tje bacon wraped shrimp stuffed with cab stuffing- it was still cold on the inside ok. My fries were soggy I picked one up and the grease dripped off , my finger it wad like it wad precooked then deep frief again I didn't even eat it. The waiter came took mu plate and I asked for a to go box he tpok my plate and dumped my food. ....really.....the parsey leaves that they put on the plate for decoration was all soggy and wilted---my husbands food was just as bad the cfs grsvy haf flour lumps in it and wad watery... to ,uch more to list the waitress was nice but she haf a lot going on trying to do a lot while the manager sat at the bar barking prders ivelived in this county for 30 years and I'm so embarreses for that place.. if I wad the manager I would be helping out and talking to custo,ers not sitting at the bar doing nothimg amd no we didn't complaim we just wanted tp get oout

• Visited April 2014