“bad”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Went there last night for our annivasery dinner all I can say is nightmare...our food came out I had tje bacon wraped shrimp stuffed with cab stuffing- it was still cold on the inside ok. My fries were soggy I picked one up and the grease dripped off , my finger it wad like it wad precooked then deep frief again I didn't even eat it. The waiter came took mu plate and I asked for a to go box he tpok my plate and dumped my food. ....really.....the parsey leaves that they put on the plate for decoration was all soggy and wilted---my husbands food was just as bad the cfs grsvy haf flour lumps in it and wad watery... to ,uch more to list the waitress was nice but she haf a lot going on trying to do a lot while the manager sat at the bar barking prders ivelived in this county for 30 years and I'm so embarreses for that place.. if I wad the manager I would be helping out and talking to custo,ers not sitting at the bar doing nothimg amd no we didn't complaim we just wanted tp get oout

2  Thank shellfloralcity

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I love Cajun food. If it's got crawfish, gator, roux, rice and the rest, I'm a happy man.

But MAN, is it difficult to find a place that understands how to create gator bites without gristle. (Yes, I AM looking at you, Gainesville. Sorry. Just sayin', you know?) Mulate's in New Orleans gets it. Heck, most places in Louisiana get it. But until I ate at Neon Leon's, I just didn't think Florida got it.

Tried these guys for lunch, ordering some crawfish and gator. All delicious! Nice crisp fry, minimal grease. Nice local suds on tap. Some music, but not so much that I couldn't understand my companion. The etouffee was just as it should be -- rice, some finely-tuned roux, and a pile of delicious crawdads.

Now, understand, it was just lunch. Hey, maybe they get busy and noisy and hot at dinner, so take this review with a pinch of gumbo.<g>

1  Thank TheEvilMog
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Good food, good portions, good price. Fried green tomatoes were delicious and jambalaya was spicy with flavor.

2  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Cramped, busy place but make sure you go and see the show Cajun Dave puts on. Gets you going with the music. Very entertaining. Beer is cold, food is very good.

2  Thank Claude O
Reviewed March 11, 2014

First, we did not have reservations. We just arrived in Homosassa Springs and took a chance. The attendant (a lovely lady with long curly hair) was very accomodating. We were seated at the best table in the house, I swear. The entertainment was the best ever (we could have listened all night except more and more people were coming, so we could not stay too long). We all agreed (6) that our food was delicious. The prime rib was excellent, done to perfection. The corn bread and hush puppies were adictive. We wished we had saved room for the wonderful looking blueberry cobbler with ice cream, but we were all full! We will definitely go back on our return trip to this area. Neon Leon was fun and fantastic in every way. Great entertainment, great food and it seems like the locals will agree because it was packed.

2  Thank Sandy H