“Don't Drive By, Food Seasoned Perfectly”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Neon Leon's Zydeco Steak House - CLOSED

Neon Leon's Zydeco Steak House
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Weeki Wachee, Florida
“Don't Drive By, Food Seasoned Perfectly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have driven by Neon Leon's numerous times on our way to the riverfront. Big mistake. We found the food to be seasoned perfectly and the service to be excellent. My wife had a cajun fish and shrimp dinner and I had the Jambalya which was excellent! Serving size is quite generous, both of us had left overs the next day. Saturday evening music was a nice touch as well.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank flbirdman

“Dive Bar Rocks at Night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

We were there on a Sunday afternoon when business was very slow. All the biker bars on the river were packed. This was a good quiet alternative. The food was very good. I would recommend a stop here.

1 Thank OHCircuitRider
Morehead, Kentucky
“Marvelous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I had the most moist, flavorful Grouper. Husband had Jambayla. Waitress was very nice and informative about the menu and suggested the Jambayla since my husband had never had it. She was right on. We were very satisfied with the food, staff, ambiance, etc. Will go back again.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Tazymae
Inverness, Florida, United States
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had Seafood gumbo, Jambayla, fried green tomatoes.. Everything was great except the Margaritas.. They were $5 each and had very little liquor. But we will be back.. Just no drinks next time..

• Visited September 2012
Homosassa, Florida
“Good steaks & Lively Music”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had been to Neon Leon's Lydeco Steak House a few years ago and was disappointed in their Cajun food. I love New Orleans Cajun and really wanted to experience a little of New Orleans without the long trip. While the food was good I would call it more Creole than a spicey Cajun. So, last week we headed back to Neon's and I realized it is also called a Steak House. Both my husband and I had steaks. His was a big, beautiful rib eye and I had a smaller rib eye. Both were cooked perfectly and we took at least half of mine home. We did start off with a starter of Fried Green tomatoes. They were good but the horseradish sauce that come with them was out of this world. I think they used wasabi insteaded of grated cocktail sauce type horseradish. The entertainment was a one man band who did a great job and the place was filling up over the hour or so we were there. Go to Leon's and have a steak, if you want Cajun go to New Orleans or use Paul Prudhommes Louisana Kitchen cookbook for a spicey Cajun dinner of gumbo and etouffee.

• Visited September 2012