Harrington House Beachfront Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Holmes Beach B&B and Inns
Florida
“Great B&B”
Reviewed April 21, 2009

We had a wonderful time at this Bed and Breakfast. It was my third time there and I wouldn't stay anywhere else.
Our accommodations, this time, were in the Huth House, Suite #4. It was very comfortable, clean, and nicely decorated and furnished. Right on the beach with a private entrance and deck area that allowed us to feel as if we were all alone in paradise. Also right next door to a very nice restaurant, The Beach Bistro.
The breakfast our first day was a tasteless, but ample omelette, but the second mornings French toast made up for it.
The service and personnel were both excellent and they saw to all our needs and they provided a friendly and homey atmosphere.
Bicycles and kayaks were available for our use and we took advantage of the bikes and had a great time riding around the Island.
We would recommend and will stay there again.
Diane & Steve

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Massachusetts
Reviewed April 3, 2009

My wife and I have just stayed a second time at Harrington House Bed and Breakfast. We are experienced travelers, especially in the Mediterranean and the Nordic countries, with their different styles of coasts and beaches, and have long sought to find a place nearer to Massachusetts ‘to call our own.’ We have miraculously found it in Harrington House, an oasis of calm, quiet, and natural beauty. My wife grew up in a beach hotel in Denmark, and Harrington House, in a garden by the sea, fits her like hand in a glove—which we don’t have to wear. We looked long and hard for a place that gave a sense of home with a solicitous, friendly, and unobtrusive regard for the guests. We have already reserved ‘our’ room for next year—and will be doing so for years to come.

Robert and Marianne Innis
Lowell, Massachusetts

1 Thank Mass_Prof
Venice, Florida
Reviewed March 26, 2009

Our short stay was perfect in every way! Our room was homey, had a lovely beach view, and it was very clean. Breakfasts were gourmet and delicious! The staff is the BEST! They are so friendly and helpful, they can't do enough for you! We will look forward to returning to HH in the future!

Dover, Delaware
Reviewed March 24, 2009

My wife and I had a wonderful 3-night stay at Harrington House B & B. Our only regret was that it was for only 3 nights. The location on the beach is terrific as are the wonderful breakfasts. The staff is friendly, courteous and helpful. We had a wonderfully relaxing stay there and can't wait to find a time when we can return!

Palos Verdes Estates, CA
Reviewed March 20, 2009

The Harrington House is a beachfront retreat where you can enjoy breakfast on the patio or reading a book in the living room of the vintage house. This is not a cookie cutter generic resort. It's more like staying with a good friend who bakes cookies. The hostess and staff are friendly and helpful, and our bungalow across the road was simple and stylish. We'll return whenever we can. We're happy there is a place like Holmes Beach and the Harrington House.

1 Thank mra8
Ohio
Reviewed March 20, 2009

Harrington B&B.....for me, it was the perfect place to stay on AMI as I went solo and desired the personal and homey atmosphere of a B&B. I like old houses...their uniqueness; charm; history and yes, imperfections. It's not a million dollar condo and no, the decor and furnishings aren't like you would find in those, but it is what it is and the amenities; people; staff; cleaning ladies; and owners and staff go out of their way to make sure you are happy with your stay.

I booked late and had to move into 5 different rooms in 8 days, but the cleaning staff moved all my luggage and accommodated me in the meantime between rooms so it was not a problem. It was my choice and it was fun to be able to experience the different rooms. Next time though....: )

The location to me was perfect. Out of the high traffic areas and quiet. A walk to several eateries; a short bike ride to others and a laundromat and shops. Don't want to walk the sidewalks? Walk the beach and take the seemingly unlimited beach access's to check out the other areas.

Oh and the breakfasts? Each day we were presented with an absolutely yummy breakfast and if you want more of their delicious oatmeal toast? ask for it, or anything else. Thumbs up chef! sunnyside up eggs with fresh salmon and dill sprinkled on top...one of my favorites. Oh and I think I left a loaf of that wonderful bread down there? Send it to me please? : )

I went without expectations knowing everything isn't always what we think it is, or want it to be, and it allows room for surprises and the practice of accepting and seeing another way. Had I not done that, my expectations and focus on what wasn't perfect would have taken away from me what turned out to be one of the most delightful experiences of my life. Yes I have traveled and stayed in a variety of accommodations, and this B&B "fit" the islands lifestyle perfectly.

Thank you Patty; Ann & Meagan and the other staff members who's names I do not know!

Sheila

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Shees52
ncanton
Reviewed March 17, 2009

After reading the reviews of Harrington House on Trip Advisor, we decided to visit Harrington House as part of our week long vacation to Anna Maria Island
We were very dismayed to find that the Harrington House did not measure up to the reviews.....and the MONEY they charge! This B & B is in dire need of updating! We are frequent travelers and have stayed in many B & Bs over the years. We know that "old" can be very "homey and quiant". But when you pay $329.00 per night (plus tax) our expectations were running a bit high. As they should for this price. I am sorry to say that the quaility of the furnishings, carpet, paint, accessories, ammenities, etc. were far below many of the B & Bs we have visited at half the price. We stayed in the Huth House and could not believe our eyes at the quality of the facility. While the location was great (on the beach) it was a old lackluster track home that had been divided up into small rooms. If you decide to stay there, be sure to get rooms central to the inn and not off the property! Anna Maria Island has many more accommodatons better than the Harrington House. We reccommend Anna Maria Cottages. A great find!!! Great Location!!!

2 Thank love2travelncanton
#5 of 15 in Holmes Beach
Sunrise Garden Resort
Sunrise Garden Resort
#1 of 2 in Anna Maria

Been to Harrington House Beachfront Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!