“In All Ways Wonderful”

Harrington House Beachfront Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Holmes Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My wife and I spent two wonderful nights at Harrington House. I am first to admit that I do not usually enjoy B and B's because normally there is too much noise for me to sleep well. That is not the case at Harrington House. From the moment we arrived we were caught up in the laid-back atmosphere. The gardens and pool areas are both nice places to relax. But the best was sitting on our porch with a glass of wine watching the sunset over the Gulf. The beach is fantastic, and they provide all you need including floats, umbrellas and reclining beach chairs, towels, and even sunscreen. The staff was absolutely helpful and friendly. They were even able to provide a glutten-free breakfast for my wife. Anna Maria is a great place to visit and tour around, and Harrington House even provides bikes to ride. I don't know if writing a great review is a good idea. The readers may fill it up so I can't get a reservation the next time I am at Anna Maria!

Room Tip: 1) If you are tall do not get a room on the third floor. The shower and sink have a low ceiling...
There are newer reviews for Harrington House Beachfront Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a five night stay at the Harrington House. We discovered Anna Maria Island through colleagues at work who call it their secret getaway spot. They have not stayed at the Harrington House but had heard great reviews and since we enjoy B&B's, decided to give it a try. Upon recommendation from the Innkeeper when I called, we stayed in the Main House and it was just perfect. The property is quite unique for a beach 'resort' and had an old Florida feel to it. What we most enjoyed was that it was just footsteps away from a gorgeous beach for walking, swimming and just relaxing. The breakfasts were delicious, the staff friendly and helpful. The sunsets we enjoyed from various restaurant decks were all just beautiful but our favorite was at the beach directly in front of the Harrington House! We stayed in Renaissance which given its proximity to the front entrance we were surprised that we were never bothered by any noise. My only suggestion is that the bathroom could use some updating.We will definitely be recommending the Harrington House to others.

1  Thank COB
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I don't give many five-star reviews, but Harrington House definitely earned this one. It is a largish B&B just a few tens of feet from water's edge in the Holmes Beach section of Anna Maria Island, some of the prettiest -- and quietest -- territory you'll find on the Gulf Coast of Florida. The staff were both friendly and polite, and our room (Renaissance) was comfortable and spacious, and considerably quieter than we expected given that it was right next to the main entrance. Breakfasts were well prepared, if a bit on the small side -- no bad thing, though, given our propensity to overeat on vacation. A nice touch is the availability of free bicycles to borrow for getting around the island, which is well set up for bike travel (some restaurants even have "valet parking" for bikes!). All in all, this was a marvelous experience, and we would go out of our way to stay there again, a statement I don't think I'd make about any other lodging we have used in Florida.

Room Tip: Second-floor rooms have much better views than on the first floor, if that matters to you -- access...
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The best review I can give is that I WOULD go back and I would NOT change a thing.

What we liked -
The Service - The innkeeper, Jo, was a top notch, genuine hostess. What's more - her staff is so incredibly cheerful and welcoming. From the remembering how I take my coffee to moving our belongings mid-trip to enjoy another room at the House, the staff was top notch. The people here connect you to the property and you won't find that in some condo you rent for the week.
The Property - Initially bummed that the pool was modestly sized, we found ourselves more than satisfied. Perfect temp plus no kids makes the pool seem even bigger. The gardens and lights make this property seem magical at night. Everything was in good condition.

Our room - we enjoyed both the Primrose and the Birdsong which feature a wrap around deck and stunning views. With screened doors, we shut-off the AC and enjoyed the sound of waves all night.

We've stayed in a bunch of beach properties through the years - both high and low end. Even the nice properties were hard to differentiate from the next because they just delivered the standards. Harrington is special because it really differentiates itself by being completely unique.

Things to know -
Visitors leave behind those things they can't take with them - the pool floats, beach umbrellas, sunblock. Don't stop at Publix on your way in because chances are - someone left behind what you need.
Harrington has an abundance of bikes so no need to rent. Island is flat so peddle over to lunch or dinner. Easy to get around and lovely to explore.
They also have kayaks and beach chairs.

So you know I'm not a complete push-over - here's the one thing I'd change - the low powered wall mount hair dryer. If you spend anytime at all on blowing out your hair - bring your own.

This isn't an ordinary beach rental and if you come as a couple, you will find yourself very comfortable at Harrington House.

Room Tip: Birdsong seems to be the best room in the house.
1  Thank secondmoon95
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We are return customers of The Harrington House and will be life-long customers as well! What else is there to say...they treat us like family and the location is absolute heaven! Anna Maria is serene location for those that desire relaxing, quaint, and rejuvenating surroundings. The staff is excellent, the rooms are unique and comfortable, and the beach-walks and sunsets are very romantic. In fact, I proposed to my fiancé right on the at sunset last year!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

My daughter begged us to take her to the ocean this spring break, and she chose the Harrington House. I can still hear the surf if I close my eyes.

It's a unique home on the water, with a beautiful beach right out front. I must say, it's doesn't appear to be as luxurious as the white sand beaches you see on photos of Siesta Keys, lots of shells rather than sand here, but still very nice.

The breakfasts are first rate, healthy and satisfying.

Great location to restaurants on the island.

Main drawback in our cabin (DODT1) was that we could hear the residents upstairs every move. In fact, their movements echoed throughout the house. Even when they were on the deck, every sliding of chairs reverberated. I would definitely recommend upper level accommodations.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have been to Harrington House several times. The first time was when friends who own a house on Anna Maria paid for us to stay there. We have been back for a birthday celebration several times since then. The breakfasts are terrific, the accommodations are quiet, comfortable, and delightful. On the beach, so you can walk outside, beside the gulf, in seconds. Dolphins come by every afternoon between 3 and 4, and there are pelicans all over the place.

Stayed: December 2012
#2 of 3 in Anna Maria
BridgeWalk a Landmark Resort
BridgeWalk a Landmark Resort
#2 of 11 in Bradenton Beach

Been to Harrington House Beachfront Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!