“Serendipity”

Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Holmes Beach
Reviewed June 27, 2009

I was very fortunate to have discovered Cedar Cove Resort while searching online for a place to stay. I was approaching my 40th birthday and wanted a place where I could get away for some introspection without the hustle and bustle of many resorts. Well, I discovered this wonderful small resort, Cedar Cove. It had everything I wanted: attentive staff, comfortable accommodations, peace and serenity. Jeff and Eric were helpful from the moment I arrived. There was never a moment in which the staff made me feel as if I was bothering them; they were willing to answer any questions or lend a helping hand at a moment's notice. Upon arrival, Jeff immediately informed me of the best places restaurants and the amenities on the island. Transportation is provided on the island by a trolley which runs throughout the day. For added convenience, there is a trolley stop a short distance from the resort. Eric added a personal touch by presenting me with a birthday card which included an offer for a "limousine" ride around the island; this was an added touch which displays the desire to pamper their guests. I can't say enough about the resort and attention to detail which the staff provides. The Key lime Cottage is beautiful. There wasn't a detail left unnoticed. The kitchen is equipped with everything you need, the linens are clean and comfortable: it i truly is your home away from home. I will be returning as soon as I get the opportunity to do so. I look forward to many visits for many years to come.

• Stayed: January 2009
There are newer reviews for Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages

Reviewed June 10, 2009

Jeff and Eric were awesome! Very friendly and helpful! The Key Lime Cottage top floor is gorgeous! We will definitely stay again and again!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2009

My teen-age sons and I stayed at Cedar Cove over Spring Break this year. The location of Cedar Cove was perfect. It was so easy to just walk out the door, grab one of the provided beach chairs, and drag it a few yards to the edge of the beautiful gulf waters. I loved the lush landscaping around the property. The hammocks under the huts were devine. We had a special treat provided by Eric the Innkeeper on Thursday evening. He invited a local guitarist to entertain us under one of the huts, while the grown-ups sipped on beers. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank cocoCincinnati
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I absolutely love Cedar Cove, Jeff, Eric, and Anna Maria Island.

My week at Cedar Cove was incredibly relaxing and enjoyable. The resort is right on the beach (which is gorgeous), the rooms are super cute and comfortable, and everyone there is happy and smiling because they're on the beach. Anna Maria is close to Sarasota, St. Petersburg, and Tampa so if you want to make day trips to other places, you can do that. We went to the Salvador Dali museum and the Fort De Soto, which were both great places to visit.

I will definitely be visiting Cedar Cove again!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 18, 2009

My boyfriend and I decided to have a spontaneous weekend getaway for my birthday. Anna Maria Island was recommended to us as a great beach to visit and upon doing some research, I found out about Cedar Cove. Jeff and Eric were great and very accommodating. They took the initiative and provided us with the Mermaid Suite, even though we were anticipating a different, and smaller, place. The suite was not as luxurious as I had hoped, but that's ok because we were planning on spending our time at the beach and not the room. The beach was beautiful, the atmosphere is wonderfully laid back, and we felt like the place was ours. Because the beach is literally feet from the place, we were able to relax at the beach and come back to the suite for bathroom breaks, snacks, etc. and be back on the beach in minutes. We are already planning our next trip back!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2009

Our stay at Cedar Cove was exactly what we were looking for. Quiet, comfortable, clean, and ultimate relaxation are some words that come to mind. To try and set the scene, when you step out of the front office you're already outside under the beutiful Florida sunshine. Walk two steps and look to your right and the beach is not even a stone's throw away. Most of the rooms/cottages fall within this same distance from the private beach. We were on a budget so our room was small but clean and had everything we needed. For a few extra bucks, Cedar Cove has several other accomodations to choose from. Since my wife and I were all about maximizing our beach time, our room was perfect. To go from room to beach was as simple as stepping out the door and walking down one flight of steps and you're there. Come around the corner and you're at the large tiki hut with tables, chairs, adirondack chairs, beach loungers, and hamocks are all around. Just pick your spot and start relaxing. As for the staff, the Innkeeper seemed to always be around making sure that his guests were enjoying themselves. He was very attentive to the guests needs and we could tell that he made Cedor Cove more than just a place to stay. We are most definitely looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2009

We discovered Anna Maria Island in 2008 and fell in love with it immediately so when
we visited Florida again this year there was no doubt we would be returning. We decided to get married on this occasion and needed to find accommodation and someone to marry us, and that’s when we came across Cedar Cove. We turned up without a reservation and we were looked after superbly from the moment we first met Eric and Jeff. We cannot praise them highly enough, great location, great accommodation and our wedding was conducted by the Reverend Eric with a true passion. Without a doubt we will be back!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
#5 of 16 in Holmes Beach
Bungalow Beach Resort
Bungalow Beach Resort
#2 of 3 in Anna Maria

Been to Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages? Share your experiences!