“Heaven Sent!”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Holmes Beach
Detroit, Michigan
“Heaven Sent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2009

My mother, father, sister and I had a wonderful time staying at the Cedar Cove Resort and Cottages in the Sunset Suite. Our suite was ideal and just a few steps away from the beach. The suite was immaculate and you could tell the entire staff takes extra care in maintaining the property. The staff of Cedar Cove Resort (especially Eric and Jeff) was very friendly, helpful, courteous, and efficient. I had the opportunity to participate in a raffle and won the title of “Queen for the Week” and had the honor of receiving a free massage, gift certificate, and relaxed one evening with other guests in the Tiki Hut listening to a great guitarist. This was one of many highlights of our stay that was fun, entertaining, and a very nice touch.
For all of the techno folks, you will find the wireless internet service access wonderful. This trip was the best medicine for me, mother, dad, and sister; as we were all pretty much exhausted from the care of my mom, who had been very ill. My prayers were answered in my hopes of bringing mama somewhere that would assist in rejuvenating her spirits and providing me the energy to keep on keeping on!
Thank God there is a Cedar Cove Resort; a place to stroll on the beach with loved ones collecting seashells, meet new people, renew the spirit, bask in the sunlight, and experience the spectacular and beautiful sunsets. You will not find the hustle and bustle found in most vacation resorts. There is more of a feel of time past, when we all lived at a slower pace. Cedar Cove Resort is a paradise found!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Filly048

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2009

My husband and I just happened upon Cedar Cove Resort. We liked the look of the resort, it wasn't a big hotel. We also liked that it was right on the beach. So we checked it out. When inquiring about a room, I mentioned my concern about cleanliness. Past experience has proven that not everyone has the same standards, but Eric, the owner, promised that I would not be disappointed. He was so right, the cottage we stayed in was spotless, everything was fresh and clean. The bed was very comfortable, as was the living area. The kitchen was equipped with everything we needed. There was even barbeques available down by the beach. We could not have been more comfortable. High speed internet connection was another bonus.

And the beach, Oh the BEACH! One of the most beautiful I've seen. Clean white sand, beautiful shades of blue water. A perfect beach for walking, playing or just plain relaxing. When my husband felt the need to get out of the sun, he was able to relax under the tiki hut or even take a nap in one of the hammocks on the beach, while I relaxed and read in one of the many lounge chairs close by. Even when all of the cottages were full, the beach wasn't crowded.
We were even able to watch some dolphins during our late afternoon walks on the beach. And the sunsets were gorgeous!

The owners and staff were very friendly and accommodating. They were always easy to find if we had any questions or needs.

My husband and I like to travel around and try different spots, so don't often end up returning to the same resort. But, we can't wait to return Cedar Cove Resort and Cottages.

3 Thank justrollingalong
Trumbull, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2009

My husband and I absolutely loved this place. The beach was gorgeous...and we had a perfect view from our suite. The sand was like nothing I have ever felt...it was like baby powder! We stayed in the Sand Dollar Suite...it was just lovely! Everything was immaculate...bedroom, bathroom, kitchen...just spotless! Eric and Jeff were extremely accomodating...whether it was restaurant recommendations, beautiful spots to sight see or where to rent a scooter...every need was met graciously and with a smile. We loved that we could eat in or eat out. We had a bbq one night and ate out on our terrace. It was so great! We were so sad to leave...can't wait to go back!!

Palmetto, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2009

This was our second stay at Cedar Cove. Our first trip was as a couple, this second trip was an extended family "girls" trip. I almost hate to rave - because I feel like I should keep it under wraps for myself!! I LOVE the homey feel of Cedar Cove. No cookie cutter, condo or high rise techno feel here. Borrow a book from the onsite borrow library, fix a cool drink from your own kitchen, walk a few steps to the best white sandy beaches in the world… pick a lounge chair and soak up some heaven on earth. You too will hesitate to share this secret with anyone else!

1 Thank kgause
kimberling City, Mo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2009

Spent 10 days at the Cedar Cove Resort. The resort was just perfect for us and the evening susets off of our deck were spectacular. Our hosts Eric, Jeff and the rest ol the crew made our stay wonderful. To climax our stay, we had a sunset dinner in one of the Beach Huts on the beach and watched another beautiful sunset.
This is our second year at the resort and we plan on returning in 2010 if not before.
The wife and I would highly recommend the Cedar Cove for a Romatic and relaxing time.

• Liked — Beach front location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2009

In October of 2000 my sister as a gift for my birthday bought me a one week stay at Cedar Cove Resort and Cottages on Holmes Beach in Florida. I have now returned there every year since that time but now my stay consists of 2 weeks and I can’t think of anywhere I would rather spend my vacation time. The moment you arrive on the property you feel as if you have arrived home.

Although all the suites and cottages are beautifully decorated, fully equipped, and all with breath taking views. It is the management and help staff that make Cedar Cove stand above..

Jeff greats us upon our arrival as a missed family member. He is there to help us get settled in and makes certain to give us information as to anything special going on in the area. He never fails to lead us to the best places to watch the sun set and have a good meal.

If anyone is looking for the perfect place to get away from it all, for total relaxation and the most friendly of atmosphere, there can be no better place than Cedar Cove Resort.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2009

Cedar Cove Resort is one of the best get away locations I have had the pleasure to visit. My visit in January was my 7th visit and was as always relaxing and accomidating. Jeff the resort manager was attentive in every way. There was no request unattended to and nothing that wasn't given immediatly upon request. The accomidations were absulityly stuning and well kept. This along with the beauty of the white sandy beachs that streach as far as the eye can see and , the relaxing sound of the ocean waves were what anyone could dream of. My recommendations for Cedar Cove Resort could not be higher.

Stayed January 2009
#1 of 2 in Anna Maria
Haleys Motel and Resort
Haleys Motel and Resort
#5 of 15 in Holmes Beach

Been to Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages? Share your experiences!