“The best weekend get away for Father's Day!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages

Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Holmes Beach
Jacksonville, Florida
“The best weekend get away for Father's Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Father's day weekend was quickly approaching and my husband and I were having a really tough week with work and family issues. So, I decided to surprise him with a weekend get away to Anna Maria Island, since this island was highly recommended to us because it resembles our home country a lot. After making several phone calls to different places without any luck, I found this place Cedar Cove Resort and Cottages. To my surprise there was still 2 open cottages. Since it was only for a weekend get away, I took the smallest one available. Debby, the lady who assisted me through my booking was very nice and really helpful. She put us in the Violet Cottages. Here we could sleep up to 4 people, a small apartment studio, but very spacious and within a few feet from the beach. When we got there it was very late in the night, so we waited till next morning to explore the island and the beautiful water. The next morning, we heard the news that it was supposed to be stormy for that weekend, but my family and I were very optimistic.
The cottage had it's own private entrance. I loved it! Once in the cottage the bed queen bed, which by the way was tooooooo comfortable, was in the entrance. To the right as we walked in there was the living room area, with a sleeper sofa a tv on a dresser and recliner chair. The kitchen will follow with a eating counter-top for up to 3 people. There was a full fridge, stove with oven, coffee maker, and toaster. I really didn't plan to cook, so I didn't even bother to open the cabinets to see if cooking items were there to be use. The bathroom will follow next and right across the open closet. The bathroom was small, but really cute. I was used to the size since my country, the bathrooms are the same size. However, my kids were very surprised and it was some getting used to for them. I was laughing my butt off with them. Towards the end of the apartment there was a back patio with a small area to sit and relax, it had a round table with 4 chairs surrounded by plants that made it feel very private.
The next morning, we checked in and met with Eric and Debbie. Very nice and very pleasant people. They both gave us a mini tour of the property and we felt very welcomed. The property has an outside bathroom (in case you want to shower and keep going without stopping at your place) and laundry (it opens after hours, so that you can have an entire day of fun). The property has their own launch chairs that you could take to the beach (but it had to be returned to were you got it from), a mini bar area, a bar-b-q area, toys for the kids to play at the beach . The front desk had beach towel, however I don't know if there was a charge for that, since I brought my own.
Around the Island was an amazing view. We enjoyed the trolley rides, which were free, but there is a long wait and is very hot. Most everything is within walking distance. There is a few known fast food places and groceries and other stores at the entrance of the Island, like subway, publix and a walgreens (that opens 24/7). The Island restaurant are moderately priced. We had breakfast at Gulf Drive Cafe (parking is right across from the place), For lunch, we ate at Omas Pizza (really yummy pizza - light sauce, and their calamary was awesome). For dinner, we ate at Bridge Street Bistro, Beach House and Sharky's and we loved all 3. I have picky eaters and one that's allergic to shell fish, so we were skeptical about all of these places, but my son was just fine. For sweets we tried ice creams at Joes eat sweets (I was not too impress, but my husband was) and Ice cream at Big Olaf Creamery (ice cream was better here, in my opinion). There is a public beach Coquina Beach with ample parking for everyone, but get there early if you want a good spot and a table that's cover from the sun. There's also drop offs for small boats and jet-skies. Plenty of shades and things to see and do around the Island.
Overall, we were very amazed at the great time and treatments Cedar Cove had with us. The only disappointment we encounter was the WiFi. But, we were there to enjoy the view, the beach, the people, our time away from our daily problem.. not for the internet.
We loved it so much we are planning to go back again very - very soon!!!

Room Tip: Don't forget to bring your sunblock. It's very expensive over there. Bring an underwater cam...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank YAKIRA C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Very relaxing. Easy to find. We stayed 4 nights and it was very peaceful. The rooms were very clean, staff friendly. Grounds have beautiful flowers. We stayed in the coconut room and we had a beautiful view of the beach. We felt very safe in the area. Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ron H
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Just spent 2 nights to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Cedar cove was just the perfect spot. I wanted peace & quite, didnt want to be around a lot of people/ touristy spot and I will return again this summer. The staff was so nice and the place is very clean.
the bed was very comfy and the grounds have little water fountains and flowers everywhere just adding to the tropical theme, we stayed in the birds of paradise room and is perfect size for 2, the street side is a little loud at times with traffic, but with the AC on the whole time you cannot hear it.

They let us stay a bit longer so we could enjoy some more beach time and get another shower in before we hit the road.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

From check-in to check-out, we felt welcomed, as if we were staying in a friend's guest cottage. No question was too trivial. The staff was friendly and helpful, from check-in to check-out. We were in the Flamingo Room, which has a sitting area with a "kitchenette", including a small table at which we had breakfast each morning. It's upstairs, quiet, and cheerfully decorated. Our bed was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was also clean; towels were fresh. it was so quiet; we never heard noise from neighbors or the street.
There is a tie for what I liked best: the ambiance and the location.
As for least-liked, it would be the size of the bathroom, esp. the shower stall.
All things considered, a return visit is definitely in our future.

Room Tip: The Flamingo Room is not beach-front, although it has a view of the beach, albeit through palm trees...
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

my husband surprised me with an impromptu trip to anna maria island, and we stayed at the cedar cove resort. we loved it! it was exactly what i wanted for a cottage on the beach. i was surprised that our suite (the mermaid) had a full kitchen as well! the grounds were beautiful, we had an ocean view from our cottage living room, and the staff were incredibly friendly! they gave us great recommendations for activities and restaurants. we will be staying here again on our next mini vacation. thank you so much to eric and his staff!

Ewing, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

My boyfriend and I just spent five days at the Cedar Cove Resort and are 100% pleased. We chose this location based on other trip advisor reviews and have no regrets. Host Eric and staff were very welcoming and accommodating and our room (Sunflower Cottage) was just what we needed. The location was great - we were just steps from the beach. The staff even printed out our return flight boarding passes for us, a service we really appreciated. AC worked great and kept the room cool and comfy.
Great place, great experience, and I'd definitely stay here again! Thanks Eric, Deborah and other staff for a great stay!

Room Tip: Sunflower cottage has wall-mounted flat screen above the bed, kitchen is modernized and parking spac...
Gallatin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Cedar Cove has a beautiful location. Watching the Sunset from the beach is a treat you will not soon forget. The Staff at Cedar Cove is outstanding Eric can be prouud of them. We stayed in the Coconut Suite We are older now and the steps were killers, my recommendation is to advise older customers to stay away from the upstairs suites. This was our third stay and we will have a fourth.

1 Thank 8137
Sunrise Garden Resort
Sunrise Garden Resort
#1 of 2 in Anna Maria
5.0 of 5 stars 716 reviews

Been to Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages? Share your experiences!