“Phenominal Vacation”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Holmes Beach
topcop26
“Phenominal Vacation”
Reviewed January 27, 2008

My wife and I found Cedar Cove on an Internet Search. When we arrived we were immediately met by an extremely friendly and helpful staff who took us to our cottage. The cottage itself was very quaint and extremely clean and well maintained. Everything we needed to enjoy it was already provided. The scenery was magnificent. The view from their private beach was breathtaking. The weather could not have been any better. We were looking for a nice, relaxing vacation and without a doubt found it. However, my wife likes to move around and see and do new things. There were plenty of activities, on the island, as well as phenominal shopping and sights within a twenty minute drive.

• Liked — The rooms (cleanliness and efficiency)
  • Disliked — that I had to leave
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank topcop26

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
sheridan, In.
Reviewed January 8, 2008

This place not only had flying termites the first weekend I was there, but, other flying insects. They would NOT refund my money, they wouldn't even even spray the place out. Others stayed in the same house I was in the night that I left. I don't think the mangers would even tell others the problem they had. The management also kept an eye on everything I did, I felt as though someone was spying on my every move. The managers tried to get me to stay, but I saw it as a danger to anyones health. NOT a place I would go back to..

Stayed June 2006
10 Thank ginisheridan_In_
Chicago
Reviewed December 27, 2007

After much research, and help from the forum, I choose the Cedar Cove (Bamboo Room), and was very happy. The owner is great, very friendly, answered my many questions. We are a family of four, two kids and two adults. Great for kids, as they had many water toys on the property. Chairs and umbrellas are there, no need to rent, which was great. Room was nice, had kitchen and fully stocked dishes. We made breakfast in the room on some mornings to save a little money. There is also a washer and dryer, so I was able to get our laundry done before we went home, which is a must if you are traveling with kids. Beach area is very nice. Owner comes out to check on you, he was very nice. Can't say enough good things about the place. We will go back one day, next time get a larger suite. Thanks for all the help from the forum, especially Rustykat!

• Stayed July 2007
2 Thank Ladyleo3
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed November 26, 2007

Family of 4 just came back from Cedar Cove. While they are not a hotel, the staff (Jeff) make sure you have everything you need. They will change your towels, give great tips on the island and even get you fresh flowers. The location is excellent, they have a little private beach which is not a great deal but their tiki huts add to the place. We stayed at the Dolphin Suite, enough room for four, although it faced the street and would not be good for light sleepers.
Overall, a perfect stay for a reasonable price!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank marsabez
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2007

In my opinion Cedar Cove is a nice resort but a little over priced.
Having stayed at at other properties on Anna Maria I've found that you can rent larger beach front condos for alot less money.
I found the rooms to be clean, unlike one of the previous reviewers, and pretty well equiped.
I didn't like the clunky air conditioning unit in the bedroom which if you had it on at night kept you awake. The web cam was a bonus and we had great fun waving to our friends here in England and making them jealous. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
Overall a pretty good experience but expensive.

• Liked — The Location
  • Disliked — The price.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AuntieWoo
Phoenix
Reviewed October 20, 2007

We had a difficult tike finding a place to accomodate three people in a single room right on the beach.( Most places are two room or more suites and we did not need anything that big) Most hotels on this island are private owned, no chains and I had not idea what to expect, never having been to Anna Marie island before. I am so glad i chose this place. Every transaction I had with them was wonderful! From the initial contact through email, to the talks on the phone I was treated with the upmost respect, kindness, and patience, like a royal customer! When we got there the check in was fast and easy and the room was great! The only complaint I have is that the people who work here are way to modest (Joke-Lol!) The room was perfect and the place is right on the beach! I enjoyed delightful conversation with the staff here, who have led interesting lives and were very friendly and willing to make our stay a great one.

We liked the hammock and the laid back lifestyle of the island.

I did not have a chance to see the inside of the suites but I am sure they are wonderful for larger parties. The patios looked great. I did speak with some of the guests who told me they had been there for a week or more and loved it! The grounds are pretty with a little sitting garden, tiki hut picnic area on the beach, chaise loungers for your use, and a swimming pool if you so desire.

I can't wait to go back. The island is quaint, quiet, but sweet. This is a getaway place for sure to relax and find your inner self. There is a free trolley that will take you all around the island. That is awesome!!!!!Also you pick it up right outside the hotel!

Don't go here for a big noisy nightlife! We found exactly what we were looking for.

• Liked — service and right on the beach!
  • Disliked — Nothing. All was great!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank Mkspangenberg
Tampa, FL
Reviewed August 15, 2007

The hosts of the hotel really know customer service. From a warm greeting when you arrive and carrying your bags, to suggesting great places to dine and things to do--they really make you feel like a treasured guest.

A few of my favorite things to do at Cedar Cove are to nap in a hammock, fall asleep to the ocean on a beach chair, get a massage under the tiki hut while Reggae plays quietly in the background. You can grill, chill by the ocean, rock on a swing or venture out in Annamaria Island.

The accommodations have great views of the ocean and you are just a few stairs away from the sand. The suites are comfortable and tastefully decorated.

Cedar Cove is a must do, again and again. I am a FL resident and truly appreciate beach life. This is my second visit and it will be one of many for sure!

Kristine; Tampa, FL.

• Liked — Customer Service
  • Disliked — That I had to go home eventually
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
#5 of 15 in Holmes Beach
Sunrise Garden Resort
Sunrise Garden Resort
#1 of 2 in Anna Maria

Been to Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages? Share your experiences!