“Nice Stay At Blue Water”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Holmes Beach
Blue Water Beach Club
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Holmes Beach
Cutchogue, NY
“Nice Stay At Blue Water”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My wife and I were looking for a last minute getaway after a very long winter up north. We had never been to Anna Maria Island on Florida's Gulf Coast. What a pleasant surprise. The Blue Water is an older, 50s-60s style motel....however the staff and how they treat their guests, and keep the grounds up was refreshing. This is not a "top of the line" type beach hotel.....so don't expect Marriott or better service. That being said.......there is a clean, heated pool, beach chairs are provided, (something I cant say were provided at a couple of stays in pricier condos on Sanibel Island) and also beach towels were included. If I could make a suggestion to the owner......lose the full sized beds in the motel rooms.......add a king or a queen and add a pull-out sleeper sofa instead.....the room is large enough to have them. I would give this a 3 star rating....however it deserves a 4 because of staff and cleanliness. We enjoyed our stay, and would not hesitate to stay again in future visits to Anna Maria.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony on the 2nd floor......cant beat it. If you stay on 1st floor, you have a p...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
BWBC, Manager at Blue Water Beach Club, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear GS195,

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are thrilled to hear that you had a great time and thank you for your comments about the bed sizes. I will forward your comment to our owners.

We hope you visit us again on your next trip to Anna Maria Island.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Florida
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

First, I have to say that this is the first time TripAdvisor has been slightly deceiving. We have stayed at 4.5 "blob" hotels that were much higher quality than this.

Don't get me wrong, this place is good enough. It is an old Florida property that has been kept up with. It is clean and the staff were continuously cleaning or fixing things. It was nice to have a mini fridge, range, stocked kitchen and coffee maker. The location on the beach was nice as well.

However, The walls and shutter windows are paper thin. I was awoken at 3AM because a neighbor was using the microwave and I could hear it through the walls then again at 7 because a bird was chirping. Also, we were moved (without prior notice) to a room on the street due to a leak from above. This did not help the noise situation. When we tried to ask about a room on the non street side, the staff were weird about it. They kept sternly saying, "you will be in this room for all 3 nights and we had to move everybody around" instead of addressing the issue.

The rooms themselves are pretty outdated, especially the bathrooms. We have not stayed at other places in this area, so I'm not sure how this place compares. Maybe it is rated highly because it is better than other places? Just know what to expect and you won't be disappointed.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MermaidGirlFL
BWBC, General Manager at Blue Water Beach Club, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear MermaidGirlFL,

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your Blue Water Beach Club experience. Your feedback is important to us on both positive and opportunities for improvement. We are currently updating all the bathrooms in our building and finished half of them already.

I would like to apologize that we had to move you during your recent stay with us. A water pipe was leaking into the ceiling of the unit you had originally rented and we had to repair the ceiling before it was ready to rent again. Unfortunately situations like this can arise causing us to have to move guests. Please understand this is not something we plan and try our hardest to avoid.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay otherwise, and found our accommodations clean and the staff friendly during your visit.

We hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again in the near future.

Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Rooms were very clean. Staff friendly and accommodating, told us of places to visit and local restaurants with excellent food. Had difficulty with room availability and they called when something opened up. Just as the website stated, resort was right on the beach. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: First floor has the convenience of walking right out to the beach, but second floor has a much bette...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BWBC, General Manager at Blue Water Beach Club, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear TJ H,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms and our accommodating staff here at the Blue Water Beach Club. Room availability can be slim, especially during the spring months, but I am glad to hear that we had something for your dates available.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

West Rutland, Vermont
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My family has been staying here for about 30 years. It is an older motel right on the Gulf beach, sitting among the modern high-rises. It's family owned and cared for. They keep it clean and neat, make repairs and updates as needed, while keeping the old Florida charm. There's always orange juice and Lindt chocolates waiting for us in the refrigerator when we get there. We stay in a suite: kitchen, eating area, living room, bathroom, and bedroom. Everything we need to prepare meals is there. Just bring your food. The closets are huge. The view from our balcony is spectacular... the white beaches, Caribbean blue water, birds. Can't wait until next year for another week.

Room Tip: Go for a second floor - Rm. 224 is the best. (It's a suite with complete kitchen.)
2 Thank vermonter1951
BWBC, General Manager at Blue Water Beach Club, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear vermonter1951,

Thank you very much for your detailed review of Apartment #224. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again next year.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Can't really say anything bad about this property just think a couple of things could be tweaked. Just as advertised this property is directly on the beach (yeah!). Our room was clean and bright. Loved the wicker furniture to add to the Florida beach vibe. We stayed in a motel-type room, but I understand there are apartment type rooms available. Very handy to have the frig and microwave. All though there was a coffee maker in the room there is no coffee packs provided. We were unable to reheat the coffee we had as the cord is about a foot long and not even close to reaching an outlet. A note advises to go to the office for coffee. Sorry when I get up wanting coffee I prefer to not have to get dressed and comb my hair in order to get that wake up cuppa joe. We were only provided 2 bath towels,hand towels and face clothes. At a beach property it's nice to have more towels not for beaching just to shower. Also FYI there are no vending machines. If you like a little munch after an evening walk or to take to the beach with you then you better pre plan and head to a convenience store on your walk. I was told this was to keep people off the beach from wandering on to the property to look for machines (?) Loved the assigned parking and 1 room 1 car requirement. Also the magnifying mirror in the bathroom is terrific for guys to shave and ladies to put on makeup. The Island Trolley stop is very handy. We often took the trolley to eat and walked back. Easy fun walk to many places. If in the area we probably would stay here again now that we know the pluses and very few minuses

Dear Linda S,

Thank you for your review and the pictures you posted. We also appreciate your ideas and suggestions in order to make your next stay with us even better!

When you book your next stay with us, please let me know so I can make sure to have coffee packages waiting for you in the room. I will also double-check the cord and extension cord situation for you in the room.

If you need extra towels during your stay with us, simply pick up the phone and dial 0 to reach us at the Front Desk. We are more than happy to bring you more towels.

Thank you again for sharing your comments. I hope you will give us the opportunity to make it right the next time you are visiting Anna Maria Island.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My sister and I have been going to AMI for many years and only recently stayed at Blue Water for the first time. We were very pleased with this motel. It is on a nice quiet street and is a reasonable price for a prime location directly on the beach. We will definitely be returning. The one bedroom apartment was spacious, with a full sized kitchen, 2 beds in the BR and 2 single beds in the LR (which doubles as the sofa). And a nice porch too! It could comfortably sleep 4 people.

This is an older property and although the furnishings are modest and dated, the property is clean and well maintained. The staff was very hospitable and accommodating - especially manager Sebastian and Liz. The motel is a good value - great location, lovely beach.

Room Tip: Recommend second floor room to minimize foot traffic going past the room (path to beach is close to...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank BeachgirlinFLA
BWBC, General Manager at Blue Water Beach Club, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear BeachgirlinFLA,

We are very happy to hear, that you enjoyed your first vacation at the Blue Water Beach Club. I will make sure to tell Liz how happy you were, too.

Please give us a call if you are coming back to Anna Maria Island. We would love to have you stay with us again!

Cardiff, Wales
Reviewed December 19, 2013

...I can't!!!!! I am in love with Anna Maria Island and the Blue Water Beach Club. I've wanted to visit AMI for quite a number of years so during September's trip to Florida we drove down to AMI and on the hop booked into the Blue Water. Luckily there was room at the inn (!) and what a splendid choice we made. I could go on and on and on but, suffice to say, if I could give the Blue Water Beach Club 6 'blobs' instead of 5 I would.

The reception staff, location, décor, pool, free coffee and cookies for brekkie!, the beach, facilities etc etc - all 10 out of 10 for me. The hotel is spotlessly clean and Phil just doesn't stop titivating, tidying and fixing around the place! There's a little cupboard at the end of the main walkway to the beach where guests have left parasols and beach chairs and you can just help yourself to what you need. The beach is long and flat and you can walk for miles in either direction - or just sit and watch the wildlife (big birds, little birds, cranes, dolphins, manatee!)

Rooms are large and very comfortable - I completely adored the decor (I am a vintage queen) and the view from your patio doors of the beach when you wake up is breathtaking.

My husband and I have travelled all over the World between us but for me AMI is my all time perfect beautiful paradise destination. It is idyllic. We're so glad we dropped in on the Blue Water in September. Its my idea of heaven. So much so that we booked our 10 day stay for September 2014 before we left! I am counting down the days...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank hasta_luego
BWBC, General Manager at Blue Water Beach Club, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear hasta_luego,

We are very grateful to hear that you would even give us 6 out of the 5 Tripadvisor 'blobs', if it would be possible. Thank you for your review, pictures and your kind words about the Blue Water Beach Club. It means a lot to us and I did let Phillip know that all his fixing does not go unrecognized by our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again in 2014!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Holmes Beach
#6 of 16 in Holmes Beach
Coconut Beach Resort
Coconut Beach Resort
#15 of 16 in Holmes Beach

Been to Blue Water Beach Club? Share your experiences!