“Charming little hideaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Holmes Beach
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
“Charming little hideaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2008

We had the pleasure of staying at the PTV over Mother's Day weekend. We were extremely happy.

Check-In: Wow, there is no front desk! There is only 6 villas on poperty all surrounding the beautiful pool. We found Villa #21 with our names on the door. The villas are very Clean and comfortable with all the amenities you could ask for. You are stocked with soap, shampoo, trash bags, toilet paper, dish soap, lush white towels, hair dryer books, magazines, maps of the island etc. There was also a welcome basket with yummy cookes, jam & coffee.

Beach: Only a short stroll. Please don't let "Not beach front" stear you away. Peggy & Ashok thought of everything to make walking to the beach enjoyable. They supply quality beach chairs, wagons, toys etc for use at the beach. The beach itself is beautiful and you can walk for miles.

The back patio to the villa had a nice table for 4, outside shower, foot shower and cloths line to hang suits. The Laundry room was spotless with complimentary washer and dryer, ample supply of extra towels & sheets. They also allow the use of their own computer to print boarding passes and check e-mail. Although they do have wireless internet I like the fact that I didn't have to bring my computer along for the trip.

We had family visit for 2 of our 5 nights and the 2 bedrooms were comfortable for 4 adults and 1 child.

Restaurants: We tried many. Beach Bistro at beach entrance was a fine dining experience with great service & food. Rod & Reel pier was great for breakfast having 360 degree water views. We enjoyed Tommy Bahamas in St. Armands circle for lunch and had some burgers at Skinny's with ice cold mugs of beer.

Peggy & Ashok go above and beyond to meet your expectations and take pride in their property. The tropical landscaping makes you feel relaxed and away from fast paced real life.

We enjoyed PTV and if your thinking about visiting Anna Maria Island know you will to.

• Liked — Villa cleanliness, Pool, landscaping & amenities provided
  • Disliked — can't think of a thing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank darlsay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2008

I am very pleased to say that it exceeded my expectations! I had read the reviews and looked at the photos- neither really got me excited but when we arrived... I knew that we were in the right place for our vacation! The feelings of home, welcome, enjoy, relax, safety, solitude, and happiness envelop this property. Those feelings cannot be captured in photos and rarely in words but are the feelings that I experienced throughout my stay at Palm Tree Villas.

Everything we needed was available for us! They provided the BEST wagon to tote your stuff to the beach and we used it! We were like two little kids- boogey boards, beach chairs, beach umbrella, auger, (before mentioned all provided by PTV), mask, snorkel, fins, books, towels, cooler, and of course a noodle- we were loaded to the gills. The wagon and supplies made the trip easy and FUN. It is only a block away but if we had not had the amenities provided by PTV it would not have been enjoyable at all. We really could have only packed our bathing suits because everything we needed was there!

My favorite area was the back porch- table, four chairs, lounger, outside shower for body and for feet, a clothes line, grill, areas to store all of the necessary beach toys and supplies and then there was the landscape~ lush and tropical. It really was better than any condo I have stayed in or any hotel for that matter. All of the little details make the biggest difference for me.

Don't let the distance from the beach be a deterant- it really is a very short distance and a pleasant stroll.

The room was great. Imagine a simple one bedroom apartment with nice furnishings- nothing fancy but everything was CLEAN and well cared for. It is not a brand new high rise condo but if that is what you are looking for then you need to go somewhere other than Anna Maria Island.

One more thing... we were so comfortable with PTV that we invited family (from about an hour south) to the villa for dinner. We had everything that we needed and knew that it would be a much better environment to relax and enjoy their company in than a restuarant. We were right!

I hope that you enjoy your vacation!

• Liked — That everything we needed was available.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Poggyitis
Brooksville,fla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2008

We were treated to an excellent stay at the Palm Villas. The room was top shelf,very well appointed and the patio and the grill in our patio made us feel as if we were home.The entire place was landscaped beautifully. I would recommend the pool if you are looking to relax and feel like you are in the tropics. They have a beautiful setting and have put alot of work into it, and it shows.

• Liked — well appointed,friendly staff,over all beauty and great pool
  • Disliked — one block away from beach
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dockayak
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2008

After seeing Palm Tree Villas (PTV) rated #1, my husband and I decided to stay here. We had been to Anna Maria Island (AMI), twice in 2007 (b/c we love the island so much!) and I really wanted to compare the Villas to the two other places we have stayed (Siam Garden Resort and Bungalow Beach Resort). We were not disappointed in PTV at all -- it was a very pleasant stay. But, overall, I think I enjoyed the other places just as much. However, from what I recall, PTV was less expensive (that's very important, of course!) and the hosts and staff are very nice. We, unfortunately, did not get to meet the owners since they were out of town but they were VERY responsive with my emails and Ashok was very nice and helpful on the phone when I made the reservation. With Siam Garden Resort you deal with a property management company so the service just isn't as personal and fees, fees for everything (cleaning, administration, etc.).

So, what are the great things? The gas grills and patio areas. Beautiful tropical foliage. We didn't use the FREE laundry room but I can see how this is a wonderful perk during the summer! The little wagons to take to the beach -- again, we didn't get to use them but great idea! DVD player. The "extras" they provided for us -- champagne, key lime jelly, cookies, nice shampoo and soap in bathroom. (I'm guessing the champagne was there because it was New Year's weekend!) Very clean! I left my glasses and a friend watching over the place for them returned my glasses via mail at no charge to me! THANK YOU!! Other nice touches like Brigette (staff at PTV) calling me the night before my arrival to make sure everything was in order and that I knew how to get there. And free WIFI!

I have absolutely NO complaints about PTV but here's some additional feedback for those who are searching diligently for the right place depending on their needs and wants...
- The villas are like old-style Florida apartments so don't expect the latest and greatest kitchen appliances or bathrooms. This is not a bad thing but I know some people like the most modern amenities. I should add, however, that the kitchen is well stocked. For example, I even saw a roasting pan for a turkey or roast! Only essential item missing was a roll of paper towels.
- Our bedroom (with a king bed) was tight. I had a big suitcase and there was really no place to put it. I had to hop over it (on the floor) when I got out of bed. BUT, the bed was very comfortable.
- A block and half to beach -- that's great really -- I'm only comparing to Bungalow Beach Resort where it was on the beach.
- For me, the "heated" pool really was not heated. I think some others at the hotel agreed b/c I didn't see anyone else by the pool (in their bathing suits) in the pool. Maybe if you are from up north or Canada, the water would have been warm enough for swimming but definitely not for me.

Would I recommend PTV? Yes!
Feel free to send me a message via TripAdvisor if you have any questions about AMI.

• Liked — space in the
  • Disliked — tight space in bedroom
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2007

Having stayed here before, it was a no brainer where to host my wife's birthday this year. We had two dozen people from across the country fly in to celebrate the big day, and the Palm Tree Villas was a hit! Once again, Peggy and Ashok made sure we were as comfortable as possible and helped us make the weekend special! The weather was outstanding (considering we had several people fly from snowbound areas they appreciated the 80 degree temperatures) and the villas were spotless, well furnished, and comfortable! We'll keep staying here year after year. There is no reason to consider any other property on Anna Maria Island, unless the Palm Tree Villas are already booked up!

• Liked — Felt like being at home! If home was right across the street from the beach, that is.
  • Disliked — What's not to like?
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank HotItalianSausage
Johnson Co KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2007

A delightful little group of cottage/apartments on Anna Maria Island, just one block off the beach due east the the famous Beach Bistro.

The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The property is well cared for and the staff was very helpful.

The rooms have older decor and appliances but they are loaded with everything you could need for a beach vacation and they are about 25% to 40% below market for similar locations near by.

Stayed September 2007
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2007

It is difficult to say more than what has already been said about this lovely little sanctuary, other than to say that all of the positive reviews are true. I would like to stress that Ashok and Peggy are consummate hosts who anticipate your every need. The atmosphere is serene and friendly, making it an ideal destination for those of us who relish our all too brief respites from quotidian affairs. While the beach is a short stroll away, it is made effortless by the wagons provided for guests to ferry their beach equipment to and fro. It quickly becomes an evening routine to pick your spot in the sand for the spectacular evening sunsets. I usually prefer accommodations right on the beach, but the little paradisic realm that Ashok and Peggy have created makes the location most desirable.

• Liked — The hosts
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
Tortuga Beach Resort
Tortuga Beach Resort
#1 of 12 in Bradenton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 832 reviews

Been to An Island Getaway at Palm Tree Villas? Share your experiences!