“Well worth a Visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Old Hamburg Schnitzelhaus

Old Hamburg Schnitzelhaus
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Holmes Beach
Cuisines: German, Austrian, European, Central European
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Authenticity is the key for us at the Old Hamburg Schnitzelhaus™, and we strive to bring you the best in traditional German and Austrian cuisine. Our menu includes various versions of schnitzel, roasts, sausages, potato pancakes, brats and of course, German Gemutlichkeit (German hospitality). No question, we only serve the best German beers and wines. The atmosphere at the Schnitzelhaus™ is like what Anna Maria Island is for Florida: Fun, laid back, simply “gemutlich”. Come hang out and enjoy yourself on one of the wooden tables or by enjoying a or two beers or wines at the bar. Schnitzelhaus™ is the “Wirtshaus” where you gather with your friends, your date or even your grandmother. All are welcome, and all are encouraged to stay a while. We, the owners of the Schnitzelhaus™, are proud of what the Old Hamburg Schnitzelhaus™ Team started bringing to the Island some 15 years ago. We want to keep their heritage and take the German spirit on Anna Maria Island up to new generations. So all will know what German food and spirit stands for in today’s world and what it means to enjoy a fantastic Schnitzelhaus™ night.
Hamilton, Canada
“Well worth a Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Seven of us visited this restaurant Saturday night. We ordered various schnitzels and sausage dinners. Everyone found the food delicious. The portions are ample and nicely presented. Service was efficient and the owner came by twice to make sure we were happy. The Black Forest cake which ended our meal was the best any if us had ever experienced in a restaurant---very moist and with a good cherry filling. It was even better than one of us had eaten in Germany in the Black Forest itself.

We will return to Old Hamburg!

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Ruth Y

Lynn, Massachusetts
“Delicious German cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband and i enjoyed our meal. It was a Tuesday evening and the place was packed, so they must be doing something right. Our salad had a delicious German dressing. We had a delicious Wiener schnitzel , one veal and one chicken with spaetzle and red cabbage. It was excellent. The owner kept on checking on us to make sure everything was ok.
We were pleased.

2 Thank Betty N
Banbury, United Kingdom
“Bratwurst even an imbis would be ashamed of”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Staff couldn't get us out quickly enough that the bill came before we could even order a second drink. The pork was tasty but this isn't the food I remember from my many visits to Germany

3 Thank blueensign7
Farmington, Minnesota
“Best German food I've had in America”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was great food and I thought the price was good. Small, quaint restaurant and I loved that the owners were out and about and talking to customers. I thought our waitress was always in a hurry and was not the most pleasant. At times I would try to ask for something and she thought she knew what I was going to say and be running away from the table and I would have to ask again or stop her from running off. We had 4 adults, 2 17-month olds and a 3 year old. The food came out quick and we had a quick meal, in and out in 45 minutes. Now this does not mean everyone will do this but for a family with young kids I wouldn't hesitate going to this restaurant. Other tables were enjoying their time with conversations and drinks and were their when we sat down and still there when we left which is great for people who aren't on a child time table.

• 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank Ryan S
Bradenton, Florida
“Overpriced for this quality of food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Servers friendly, nice atmosphere however I spent $21 for the Sauerbraten hoping it was like Mom used to make, you get 3 small slices of overcooked beef. Chewy and cold. Red cabbage and spaetzle was good. Looked like a very good beer selection, poor wine collection (but I guess that is to be expected).
Another in my party got the vegetarian dish, he described as overpriced macaroni and cheese.
The bratwurst looked very good and diners seemed to enjoy it. Just don't get the higher priced items and I think you will enjoy!

• 2 of 5 stars