“Not as good as Hickory Hollow”
Review of Mr. Bones

Mr. Bones
Ranked #12 of 41 Restaurants in Holmes Beach
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Mr Bones is a one of a kind family owned and operated business. We have lived and worked on Anna Maria Island since 1992. We have a loyal following of locals, and Snowbirds (as well as our snowbirds from across the pond). If you are looking for the same old corporate American vacation cuisine, you will NOT find it here. All of our food is actually home made in our little 40 seat restaurant. We are the only island restaurant with a separate menu for our vegan friends, so family's can go out to eat together. If you don't feel like eating out, after a long day on the beach or on the boat, "take out" is available. For groups of 15 + see our catering menu on our website.
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Very disappointing. No chicken breast so it was either ribs or half a chicken. No atmosphere.

Reviewed August 1, 2010

Wife and I ate at Mr. Bones on vacation ,wonderful experience, wife normally doesn't eat ribs, but really enjoyed theirs. Price a little high for barbecue, but worth it with every item being delicious and served piping hot, despite arriving an hour before closing and restaurant being very busy.

Reviewed August 1, 2010

Fun place to go to with all kinds of masks from all over on the walls and the food travels around as well. I had some delicious biryani (and Indian food dish). It was a very pleasant suprise. My sister had the ribs and they were so good she didn't offer me a bite and she always offers me some of what she is trying! She just repeatedly said how good they were and how good the sauce was. I was going to call her on it, but I had so much great biryani that I did not mention it.

Reviewed July 27, 2010

We are solid Christians and the place is all about voodoo OK? But get past that and don't freak out;; it's all in good fun. It's really a fun dining experience and the food and drink is AWESOME! Small and cozy; there will be a wait after 6-630. Yes, there is a small casket full of great microbrews and different beers on ice there. You pick your favority out of there while you are waiting and take it to the table for addition to the tab at the end. There are a couple of Indian-flavored chicken dishes --Tikki!-- that are wonderful. Lots of ribs-- baby back and St. Louis-- that are cooked just right. They make their own BBQ sauce and it was so good-- the original-- that I bought some. My 12-year old likes the setting, with all the cool masks, and is a big rib fan. He insists on visiting Mr. Bones on our trips to AMI.

Reviewed July 14, 2010

This was very popular on the night of our visit, resulting a need for us to take cold beers from the ice-filled coffin and wait 15 minutes for a table to come free.

We all went for the ribs and were not disappointed. Between us we tried most combinations - the hotter BBQ sauce was hot - but not too hot - whilst the 'normal' BBQ sauce was the favourite with the family. Portions were large, but a doggy bag/box ws produced for us to take the remaining ribs back for breakfast. Thoroughly recommended....