“Think this is where the locals eat”
Review of Hurricane Hanks

Hurricane Hanks
Ranked #9 of 40 Restaurants in Holmes Beach
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Small and very crowded when we went but service was reasonable and the food was good. They also do take out - you can eat at the bar and it doesn't make much difference since all the tables have high bar stools.

There are newer reviews for Hurricane Hanks

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Our waitress that had been there 9 years was awesome and the food was good bar food. Other than that, we were made to feel unwelcome and apparently the owner sets the tone. We had a group of five and there was a table set for six available. When we tried to sit down, a young man came by and said we couldn't sit there because it was being saved for a group of six. No big deal, we thought and asked to slide two smaller tables together. No dice and we proceeded to split our group into two. Our waitress came and suggested if we moved across the room we could slide two tables together so at least we were able to eat together. After our meal, the owner came out and bussed our table. He did not even make eye contact with me, let alone ask how our meal was. Great island, good food and horrible experience. We'll absolutely come back to Anna Maria Island, but we won't be going back to Hurricane Hank's.

2  Thank Ray W
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was my first visit to Anna Maria Island and I only wish we had more time! The crowd at Hurricane Hanks was so welcoming and fun you would want to stop by every day (and it seems like lots of the customers do!) The food we had was great and wished to try even more -- everything I saw coming out of the kitchen looked delicious. Will definitely be back!!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We ate here our first night on the island. The food turned out to be really good. I had the fish tacos (delish), another person had the burger (he called it one of the best he's eaten), and another had the soup. The usual choices were available, but done very well.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

My Father has lived in Holmes Beach for 20 years and has frequented Hurricane Hanks for the past 10 years. Pauly, Margaret, Pam, Angie, Robin, Ben and the rest of the staff are great. When I visit Holmes Beach, Hurricane Hanks is the place I go. Hanks is the local bar where you feel at home even when this isn't your home. The food is exquisite. My favorite is the Ahi Tuna Stacker. I've tried everything on the menu, never disappointed. The Swiss Alps Burger, another favorite. See you there.