“Food HEAVEN!!”

Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Holmes Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Beach Bistro has been Anna Maria Island’s romantic fine dining destination for 26 years. Located beachfront, looking out on the Gulf of Mexico, the scenic waterfront backdrop and spectacular sunsets make it the perfect place to celebrate special occasions or simply relax after a long day.The Beach Bistro boasts the highest Zagat ratings for food and service in the state of Florida and is currently the eight-time recipient of Florida Trend’s Golden Spoon Award. It is also the twelve-time recipient of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence.The mission of the bistro is simple: to provide you with one of the best dining experiences that you have ever had.
Reviewed August 24, 2014

My husband took me to this fantastic place for my birthday. What a treat. We had seen it on an episode of Emeril and it is even better than it looked on TV. First, it is right on the beach so make sure you make your reservation a bit before sunset because it is a spectacular view. The owner, Sean Murphy met us at the door and wished me a Happy Birthday. Great attention to detail! But then the fun began...the bread course was fresh herb foccacia with tomato basil soup sip. AMAZING. Then for apps we had lobsterago which is like escargo except with lobster. Tender and flavorful and that butter with the bread - WOW. I had "Food Heaven" which was lamb, lobster and foie gras. It is absolutely the best entree of my entire life - and we have eaten our way around most of the world! My husband had Chilean Sea Bass and he agreed that is was the best prepared and flavor that he had ever had. Then with the entrees came cauliflower/potato/garlic mash with big plump roasted asparagus. EVERYTHING was so magnificent. I know I am sounding redundant but I just can't stop saying - this was literally the best meal I have ever had! For dessert we had homemade ice cream and praline cobbler. The wine list is extensive so we ordered by the glass so we could try different things - and that was a great value and a good experience of trying new vitners. The other thing we loved about the evening was the tables are fairly close together and in upscale restaurants you rarely interact. But the two tables on each side of us became friends before the night was over - exchanging bites of each others magnificent choices and wines! Even yorkie photos as well! So much FUN! I cannot wait until I have the excuse to drive the 3 hours it takes us to get to this FABULOUS bistro. It was a night I will never forget.

2  Thank 123bright
There are newer reviews for Beach Bistro

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Fantastic food and view as you dine. The staff was very attentive and friendly. Valet parking is very nice.

1  Thank Karolynn C
Reviewed August 20, 2014

This restaurant, which is a short drive from Sarasota & Bradenton, has steadily become the dominant restaurant destination on Florida's central west coast. The chef is very creative with both old standards and new dishes, with a focus on local Florida fare. Reservations are a must; the only slight negative is that that restaurant's space accommodates only a few parties larger than 4. On our most recent visit we enjoyed wonderful scallops & grouper dishes. The wine list is excellent and reasonable.

1  Thank Mike A
Reviewed August 14, 2014

The food is wonderful! It is my go to place for a special occasion. Make a reservation and ask for a table by the window, but well in advance.

2  Thank HMKeenan
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Fantastic Gastronomical experience, beautiful dining room and excellent food. Situated right on the beach, I enjoyed this feast with many locals who were welcoming and inviting. I would have easily given this review a 5-star review, however my server fell short - seemingly forgetting about me numerous times. I was dining alone and had very long waits to get bread, drinks and in between courses. He would walk by and look as if, "oh yeah, I forgot you." He was very friendly and helpful, I just felt there were very long lulls in between and it broke up the dining experience.

1  Thank Lorraine B