“Special place for special night!”
Review of Beach Bistro

Beach Bistro
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Holmes Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Beach Bistro has been Anna Maria Island’s romantic fine dining destination for 26 years. Located beachfront, looking out on the Gulf of Mexico, the scenic waterfront backdrop and spectacular sunsets make it the perfect place to celebrate special occasions or simply relax after a long day.The Beach Bistro boasts the highest Zagat ratings for food and service in the state of Florida and is currently the eight-time recipient of Florida Trend’s Golden Spoon Award. It is also the twelve-time recipient of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence.The mission of the bistro is simple: to provide you with one of the best dining experiences that you have ever had.
“Special place for special night!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Thank you to everyone at Beach Bistro for making my parent's 60th Anniversary a night to remember! 1,000 miles away and not able to celebrate with them, the wonderful people at Beach Bistro helped me to create a special evening for my mom and dad! They were treated like royalty from the valet parking, to owner greeting them and seating them, to waiter popping the champagne immediately upon seating them. Vicki was so helpful in her suggestion that I email a photo of my mom and dad to include in the menu. I have heard that the atmosphere was elegant and cozy. The staff extremely attentive and the view of the sunset was lovely! Mom and Dad said the food was outstanding! To top it off, my parents met a nice couple sitting near them. The couple walked out to the beach after dining and the man dropped to his knee and proposed! Getting to watch a proposal as you celebrate your 60th anniversary...PERFECTION! I cannot thank Beach Bistro enough!

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“No Place Better”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have had many meals at the Beach Bistro, most recently on my honeymoon with my wife. From the road, you would never guess that such an incredible place is tucked away beneath a small hotel.

The atmosphere inside is cozy, elegant, and welcoming. The bar is a great place to start or finish any meal, and the bartender, Fred, always makes for great company. Once you move past the bar, you enter the main dining are which features beautiful views of the sunset over the beach.

The prime beef tenderloin, surfing (with lobster tail), is my favourite dish. But really, you can't go wrong with anything here. The rack of lamb and bouillabaisse are excellent as well. For dessert, the Pralines Alexandra is decadent and my wife always raves about the key lime pie.

Best of all, the service is friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. If you're in the area, this place is a can't-miss. The prices are expensive, but everything is well worth it.

• Visited February 2013
Brick, New Jersey
“Place for that special meal.”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I had been here about 6 years ago and found the place lovely and the food very good. On this return it was even better than I remembered. Going in, know you will spend more here than any other places on AMI but it is worth it. The service is impeccable and our waiter Bob was especially helpful when he thought we were over ordering. His sharing suggestions were right on the money and made for an excellent dinner. Two meals, the riff on escargot with lobster and the lamb cooked two ways (a special that night) are right up there with some of the best NY could offer. Everything about the place was lovely so if you want to take your best mate to a special dinner, this is the place

Wilmington, DE
“Great Find”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant one evening when we were out looking for some place to dine. We were extremely lucky; someone had just canceled otherwise we would not have gotten in that evening. The food is outstanding and well presented. We both had the grouper - absolutely outstanding. Our waiter, Joey, was very professional and friendly - just the right amount of attention paid without being overbearing. It's a must if you ever get to Anna Marie Island.

St. James
“Excellent - Plus Sunset!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

A friend who is a Sarasota native recommended Beach Bistro. I owe her! A wonderful meal, cozy room, professional yet friendly staff. My husband and I shared the duck salad - delicious, just the right amount of duck to greens with a perfect citrus-bacon vinaigrette. My grilled shrimp were cooked to perfection, plump not dry. We shared the Chocolate Truffle Terrine and the Florida Key Lime Pie. Although we both love chocolate, I would be hard-pressed to pick one dessert over the other - both a wonderful ending to a fabulous meal.

Lovely ambiance for a special occasion. Did not post food photos as they came out too dark.

Oh - and I forgot to mention - saw the most incredible sunset minutes after being seated. Worth the price of admission right there!