“Romance with a view”

Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Holmes Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Beach Bistro has been Anna Maria Island’s romantic fine dining destination for 26 years. Located beachfront, looking out on the Gulf of Mexico, the scenic waterfront backdrop and spectacular sunsets make it the perfect place to celebrate special occasions or simply relax after a long day.The Beach Bistro boasts the highest Zagat ratings for food and service in the state of Florida and is currently the eight-time recipient of Florida Trend’s Golden Spoon Award. It is also the twelve-time recipient of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence.The mission of the bistro is simple: to provide you with one of the best dining experiences that you have ever had.
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Second visit to this incredible food experience. Service, food, menu and drinks.

We came here after our wedding and I could think of few places to choose from on our anniversary. Incredible.

There are newer reviews for Beach Bistro

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

A dinner which is prepared perfectly, appetizing in presentation, and absolutely delicious in this charming, intimate beachfront restaurant is sadly lacking in quality of service to make it the experience it should be for a Zagat winner. I was called for confirmation of my reservation, and though the caller identified himself, I could not understand him-he had all the enthusiasm of someone confirming an appointment for root canal. I would think such a call should end something like, "Thank you, we look forward to seeing you." Perhaps they weren't...with the exception of the gracious and personable hostess, the waitstaff were robotic and perfunctory. There was no eye contact, no nonessential conversation, no smiling. When we raved about the food, our waiter might have been more pleased to have lost money. Needs were not anticipated throughout the meal. It should not be necessary in such a small restaurant to repeatedly have to flag down staff for such things as water or cream for coffee. My pet peeve was having the check plopped on the table with an over the shoulder, "No rush." at the start of dessert. Whether they
wondered if we wanted anything else, were glad we came, or hoped we had a good evening, we will never know. When I made this reservation, I mentioned when I called that the last time I had been there my brother had dined with us; he had since died and I wanted it to be a special time for my mom. Luckily, I did not mention this to her, since she felt she was speaking with recordings instead of waitstaff. At least she enjoyed her food on Mother's Day.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

There isn't anything about this restaurant that isn't first class! We've eaten all over the US and world and the Beach Bistro can compete with anyplace. You must have reservations. Enjoy.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I like this restaurant, don't get me wrong, but because it is so pricey, it isn't for everyone. Just be aware, that the prices are very high. The quality of food is wonderful. We had lamb chops and grouper. Their basil tomato soup is marvelous. Go there for a very special occasion and enjoy. Great view, right on the Gulf. Since they are small and accommodating, they will do little special things for you. Just ask ahead of time.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were very surprised that a restaurant of this fame and repute would be so woefully equipped to serve vegan diners. We went on a Monday night. It was pretty slow--many tables were empty and yet the only thing the chef could offer us was grilled vegetables. When we said to our waiter (who was excellent!) that we were hoping for something a little bit more creative he asked the chef again if there was something else he could do. The answer was NO. Every other restaurant we have been to on AMI and surrounding areas has been SO ACCOMMODATING to our vegan requests.

We recently bought a house on the island and want very much to love Beach Bistro and thought it would be a regular for us as we like fine dining. However, as vegans we felt their should be a sign out front "Vegans not welcome!"

7.3 million Americans are vegetarian and more than 1 million are vegan. We hope that BB will get with the times!

4  Thank ali b