“Always Packed”

$41.53*
and up
Anna Maria Island Segway Tour
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Great Beach area - lots of food places and restrooms but always packed with people.

Lots of parking here and a short distance to walk to the beautiful Gulf.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This beach used to be fantastic . I appreciate that the storms can have a big effect but I still don't think it is as good as it was years ago. The pier was destroyed in a storm and has not been replaced which is a big mistake. I think there are local arguments ongoing regarding the funding for a new pier. But the beach does not look right without it. I have stood many times on the pier watching the locals fishing and chatting to them, you could also have a chance of seeing dolphins or manatees from the end of the pier . The cafe has changed big time and for me lost its friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This summer we spent our vacation in Florida with family. Our oldest son said we HAD to go to Manatee Beach before we went home. I now see why! Sugar white sands, crystal clear waters (even after Tropical storm Debbie), and a great place for shell hunting. While it was crowded the day we went, the crowds did not detract from the beauty of this beach.

There is a snack bar (we didn't use) and a surf shop (that we did use). Prices are reasonable and the selection decent. The only complaint I had was the condition of the restrooms, but when you have wet and sandy people coming up from the beach....pristine restrooms are not going to happen!

Overall a great place to take the family. Can't wait to go again!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I've been coming to Manatee Public Beach on Anna Maria Island for over 40 years. We've seen the good, the pier, the ugly, no pier after the hurricane, and most everything in between. Plenty of shade from the pine trees if you want it, and plenty of room on the sand for everyone else. The beach is kept clean and can get quite full on weekends. There's plenty of room all along the gulf if even not on the official public beach. I still like the drumming circle in the evenings at sunset here, along with volley ball, live music, and food from the beach shops on site. Bring your sunscreen and an umbrella if you like, and a frisbee or skim board. Everyone has a great time. We do, every time we're here, especially when we see the dolphins at sunrise or sunset.

1  Thank zen_journeyman
Reviewed August 31, 2012

There are more animals here than at the public zoo. The restaurant is busy and puts out a reasonable product. The beach, after the influx of all the visitors is a complete mess. It is not uncommon to find those who imbibe a little on the premises. Beer and wine available and nick knack shop available. It is a good demonstration of what happens when an area is over populated and concern for the environment is absent.