“What a pleasant surprise”
Review of kozy kitchen - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
kozy kitchen
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The Kozy Kitchen is a real must for any visitor to Anna Maria.

Good, honest, fresh and tasty food, cooked to YOUR liking/tastes with service that was second to none.

As a special mention - The Fried Green Tomatoes were out of this world.

3  Thank Colin M

Reviewed July 19, 2012

very good food. could have a little more flavor but still mouthwatering.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

I thought Kozy Kitchen- love the concept- the name not so much... is finding it's way to be a good restaurant, maybe even better. There are a few kinks to work out.

First of all, it's a small, eclectic room , good background music. One friendly waitress for all tables, and it looked like only 2 people working the open kitchen.

We arrived at 7:00 and after our orders were taken and we received our drinks, placed our food orders then much later we were informed only 1 fish special was left. I ended up getting shrimp and grits instead. It seems like mine had been plated a bit long, the grits were just a little gummy and the shrimp were just okay compared to others I already had.

Some of the preparations for the fish options were more ambitious and my husband really enjoyed his habenero sauce. I think another place they excelled was with basics like burgers and fries.

So get there early for more choices of specials, and be prepared to relax and wait. Our dinner took 1 1/2hrs. Another family seated before us didn't get their food until after we did. Not sure what the hold up was. Everyone still seemed to be enjoying themselves. No hard liquor, beer and wine only and not much of a selection. I hope KK works out the kinks...

Reviewed June 13, 2012

food was good. even the basic items were well prepared with excellent sauces and flaver. decor was interesting the place has charcter. prep time was too slow, room too hot were skimping on A/C. Seemed like somebody set out to make a good restaurant, got off to a good start and then never finished. they need to fix a few problems and then this could be good place to eat.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

We had dinner on a Saturday night, and the restaurnat was quite and kozy :)
I had the red pepper soup, which was my first, and it was very good, then My husband had the pork schnitzel and I had chicken cordon bleu. Both of them were very good, and very well prepared. We like these entres, especialy because we can' t find them to often in other restaurants.
We will recomand and for sure we go back with our friends.