“Birthday celebration”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Gulf Drive & Holmes Blvd
Description: Located in the heart of Holmes Beach, Lobstahs brings New England Style seafood to beautiful Anna Maria Island plus local seafood favorites. We take great pride in providing the freshest seafood. Our lobsters are flown in daily and we work with farmers and fishmongers to bring the best quality ingredients to our guests. Land lovers will find USDA steaks, chicken and pasta selections on our extensive menu. The largest cold water lobster tank on Anna Maria Island and the recipes created by Chef Patrick, have defined Lobstahs as a "destination restaurant" for diners from all over the world. Lobstahs is a "destination restaurant". Our extensive menus feature over 60 fresh and tantalizing items for all taste buds plus our kid's Lil Lobstahs Menu. Don't forget our daily specials too! Outdoor deck makes for a more open island dining experience. We can accommodate large tables and parties, catering, banquets and special events are our specialty. Planning to spend a day at the beach? Let us prepare an authentic Maine Lobster Bake for your family and friends. Whether you dine in or take away, the fare will always be excellent. Our catering department can handle your big events and catering needs with special attention. See our attached Sports Bar with large screen TVs. Pool, Shuffleboard and Darts.
Rockville, MD
“Birthday celebration”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Visited Lobstah's last night...for birthday celebration for my nephew. One of the owners was our waiter and he did a fantastic job. Scallops was the special and it was excellent. My nephew had mussels and then the lobster mac and cheese which he loved. We had asked ahead of time if they did anything special for birthdays and they did not disappoint. One of the waiters sings opera and did a beautiful job and my 19 year old nephew was only a tad embarrassed. Also he was given cheesecake for dessert...best cheesecake I've ever tasted. Will definitely return.

1 Thank CarolSioux

• Slovak first
Columbus, Ohio
“Not Bad- If You Don't Mind Waiting Two Hours”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

In February 2013, I visited this restaurant and it was easily my favorite meal of the trip. The service was great and I had a stuffed grouper (or maybe it was flounder?), it was to die for. When I came back to the island for spring break, I was very excited to go back and show my family. Unfortunately, my second experience there will most likely be my last.

We were actually planning on dining at Hurricane Hanks across the street, but they had a 45 minute wait and Lobstahs was not busy, so we decided we would just go there. We were seated immediately, but I noticed the amazing fish I had ordered last time wasn't on the menu anymore. A little disappointing, but really not a big deal. We ordered our food around 6:20, and the appetizer we ordered came at 6:50. It was lobster bisque, and was one of the best I had ever had. After many apologies by our waiter, our food finally arrived at 7:35, an hour and fifteen minutes after we had ordered it. It took that long and not even two thirds of the tables in the place were full. I would hate to see how they handle when the place is packed, yikes! When our food came, a person in our party was given mussels instead of the crab cake that was ordered, and it took them until 8 to fix it. At that point, he just had it boxed to go, because as you can imagine, after two hours of being at this restaurant, our patience had run short. I also wasn't given the baked potato that came with my meal, instead I was given what I would equate to the size of two red potatoes. The stuffing of my stuffed lobster tail was overcooked, but the lobster itself was very good. A child in our party got a plain hamburger, and was given a cheeseburger. Not a big deal, but being so young and a picky eater who had waited an hour for her food, she was not happy. Another person got a Greek salad, which she loved.

Any other restaurant I have been to has offered to take something off of our bill, or at least buy us a round of drinks after such a long wait. That did not happen here, and it seemed like they really did not care if we came back again; though we mentioned to the hostess at the beginning how much we had loved it before. Overall, my second dining experience at Lobstahs was very disappointing, but if you do go, I recommend the Lobster Bisque. Also, one of the waiters has a great singing voice. The restaurant itself is beautiful and has a great atmosphere, but not quite worth a third trip, I'm afraid.

3 Thank Logan S
Erie, Michigan
“A late lunch on a Friday”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stopped for a late lunch. We had blackened grouper sandwiches, lobster nachos and a greek salad. Everything was tasty and warm when served (except thesalad of course). The nachos had a large helping of lobster scattered throughout. It was enough for two. The greek salad was fresh and tasty and the sandwiches came with fries. They have a nice dining room in the front and a bar out back with booths and tables, plus outdoor seating. We will be back.

Bradenton, Florida
“wonderful evening great food and people”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Our waiter Antonio was wonderful he recommended the grouper in the bag it was outstanding.Our hostess seated us promptly, Jessica and introduced us to the waiter when we were seated. Desserts were great as was the lobster mac and cheese. Would return there again.

1 Thank itsdig
Lansing, Michigan
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I came here for dinner with some friends I was on vacation with. The food was yummy and the service was great. But the portions weren't that big. They did bring out delicious bread before your meal. There is a fine dining side and a casual side. We choose the casual side. It wasn't too expensive either. Would be a good place to go for a date or bring the family.