“Awesome!!!”

Haleys Motel and Resort
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Holmes Beach
Reviewed March 8, 2011

I chose this motel by searching on-line. I am glad we found Haley's! The motel is in the North end of Anna Maria away from all of the hustle & bustle of the "main" area but within walking distance of restaurants, etc. and the trolley passes right by the motel if you want to go into "town". We did not have a car so we got on the trolley a few times and also rode the bikes Haley's has for your use. The beach is right at the end of the street and Haley's has beach chairs, umbrellas and towels! We chose room #4. The bed was comfortable, nice little kitchen block and I loved the door going out to the sitting area/pool. The grounds were nice with a lot of cute garden decor, fountains and folage. The pool was just right with tables, unbrellas and even a nice tiled out door restroom! The owners are so nice and informative. We will be back next year!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 2, 2011

This is my second stay at Haleys. Very friendly staff well kept grounds and landscaping. I love the closeness to the beach and resteraunts.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2011

This place was great. Tom the owner was so nice to me. He printed a receipt I needed for something I was going to the next day. It is a place that has everything you need and nothing more. The rooms are tiny but clean and tidy but the bed was large and comfortable. I loved the art deco illuminated metal palm tree outside and the black and white tile bathroom. This is old Florida at it's very best. Tom suggested that if I wanted Florida food to go to the Rod & Reel Pier and he was absolutely right. I had the best seafood you can imagine in a tiny little bar the size of a postage stamp at the end of the pier. The restaurant was upstairs if you want your grouper at a table instead of on a bar stool. The whole seen in Anna Maria is like that. The next morning I went to Minnie's cafe for breakfast and for a moment thought I had lost my key. They helped me look for it and told me to tell Tom I might have lost it there. I did find it in another pocket when I got outside but it is that kind of scene. Everyone knows everyone. Everyone is nice and helpful and pleasant. I definitely recommend a trip there and a stay at Haley's with dinner at the Rod and Reel and breakfast at Minnie's.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Haley's is, as it's website describes, a re-done motel from the 60's. They even have some rooms decorated as "retro rooms" We didn't have one of those, ours (#1) was nicely updated with a wonderful king bed and a full kitchen
Some upsides: 1 block from the beach in a quiet residential n'hood, free bikes and beach toys including umbrella and chairs, a nice patio with kitchy landscaping (common in Anna Maria). Not far from the Pine street and Gulf blvd area that has lots of eateries and shops. It's an easy bike ride to the piers as well.
If I had a downside it would be that our bath was small and cramped. No big deal to us, but for some people... We'd definitely return and have already recommended to friends.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2010

Haley's Motel is without a doubt one of the most charming and relaxing places I have had the pleasure to stay in!! To begin with, the owners Tom and Carol are simply the nicest, friendliest and most competent people one could have the good fortune to meet-they really DO take care of you. Also, the motel, which originally opened for business in 1953, has been impressively restored to its original 1950's retro design. It really does remind me of some of the places i stayed in as a kid with my parents in the 1950's; I felt as though I had almost been time traveling!! And of course, the location on beautiful Anna Maria Island, Florida is simply stunning. I really adore this place, and I have enthusiastically recommended it to my family and friends.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 23, 2010

This was our first trip to Ana Maria Island so we were at a loss of where to go or what to do, we found the staff at Hayleys very helpful. There was such a relaxed feeling about the place, I was so impress upon arrival that the staff knew who we were and were ready for us even though the office was closed, check in was at our leisure. the rooms were beautiful and they have everything you would ever need, from beach toys to the bikes, the motel was old but has been refurbished to high standards, don't judge a book by its cover...

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2010

This is an utterly lovely place to stay, within five minutes walk or cycle ride from a beautiful, white sands beach. The motel is aesthetically enchanting, each room or unit having a distinctive quality. We had Unit 10, which four of us fitted in well. It was 1950s retro, and with the exception of a very small bathroom, it was faultless. The kitchen equipment was excellent and both rooms had a television. The swimming pool was small, but lovely, and we were able to use the bicycles and helmets, and each unit has its own parking space. I'd certainly stay here again, and enthusiastically recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
#5 of 9 in Bradenton Beach
Bungalow Beach Resort
Bungalow Beach Resort
#2 of 3 in Anna Maria

Been to Haleys Motel and Resort? Share your experiences!