I've been really remiss in writing a review for this property, but better late than never! Stayed there for a week back in mid-May. Stayed there solo and was meeting up with friends in the Sarasota area. Chose to stay on Anna Maria Island, as I had been through there 12 years ago and remembered how lovely and low key it was -- lovely beaches, low-key, and no unsightly high rises there.
Haley's is in a beautiful, quiet neighborhood. Big bonus is that they provide beach umbrellas, chairs, and carts. Lovely one block walk to the beach. Can catch the free, island trolley just one block away. Or, if feeling adventurous, can walk into towns.
Was assigned room #8, which was lovely for one person and would also be nice for a romantic couple's stay. Nice and quiet. Easy access to pool. Pretty, updated room had everything you could want in a compact size -- mini fridge, kitchen sink, microwave. Good size closet. I enjoyed the vintage jalousie windows in the bedroom and bathroom -- it was nice to have a choice of using the a/c, ceiling fan, or getting the fresh air breeze from outside. Lovely tropical gardens outside, cutely decorated parking space area for each room, pretty and clean pool. If you explore and venture a bit through the property, will find a beautiful outdoor garden room and pretty, hidden garden.
Nice to stay at a family-operated "mom and pop" style motel. It's great to see that the owners want to preserve the architecture and history. At the same time, the motel has the modern upgrades.
I really love the vintage Florida architecture from the 1950s/1960s, etc. When I had visited the island 12 years ago, this was one thing that had attracted me to the northern Anna Maria area -- the pretty, low-key, one story ranch houses, in pastel shades. I was really saddened to see that a good number of these structures have been or are getting knocked down and replaced by more unsightly three-story structures. Thank goodness that there is a three story limit on building on this island. I read in a local newspaper that there is an Anna Maria preservation society that has been formed that is concerned about the loss of the one-story structures and also wants to preserve a feeling of "community". I wish them good luck with this.
I would definitely stay at Haley's again and wish the owners good luck with their lovely product!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Haley's offers two room studios, motel rooms, one bedroom cottages, 2 and 3 bedroom homes. Entire property is SMOKE and PET free. The sandy path to the Gulf of Mexico is only about 100 yards from your door. No roads to cross (except from the Gumbo Limbo House) Free use of beach chairs, umbrellas, towels and beach carts. Heated Pool, AC/heat, basic cable, TV, gas grills. All rooms and property have secured wireless Wi-Fi. Free island wide trolley to dinning, shopping and all kinds of activates. Coffee makers with coffee and bath amenities. Most units have full kitchens except for a few motel rooms. They include Cook top or stoves, dishes and serve-ware and more. All rooms have a minimum of coffee maker and small refrigerator. Family owned and operated Book Direct for Best Deals. See "Specials" on our website ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Orbitz so you can book your Haleys Motel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Haleys Hotel Holmes Beach
- Haleys Motel Holmes Beach
- Haleys Motel And Resort Anna Maria Island/Holmes Beach, FL