WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Holmes Beach
Madison, West Virginia
“Wedding Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband & I traveled to Anna Maria Island for a family wedding and stayed at Haleys Motel. It was a great experience. The staff was wonderful and gave us tips on the best places to visit and the inside track on the best places to eat during our stay. Our room was so clean. There are so many extras that our friends staying at other locations did not have: bikes available to ride around the island, beach chairs & towels....all for free! Our friends were envious! If we travel to Anna Maria Island again, we will be staying at Haleys.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Teresa S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

After traveling 9 hours for a family emergency with my two kitties the management made us very comfortable. The room that was pet friendly did not smell like any other pet was there! It made my furgirls very happy not to feel threatened by other animals...
I had stayed at Haley's Motel back in the mid 90's, and again in 2000. The upgrades to a Retro Look was nice!
I would stay here again and recommend this wonderful little treasure on Anna Maria Island!
Thanks again!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Haley's has just gone through an upgrading process that has added a significant amount of space to their facility. A banquet room, new private rooms and the beach is just a short walk away and you do not have to deal with crossing roads etc. The owners are on the ball, flexible and knowledgeable about the area. Weddings are also a feature of the new set up. It takes a short drive to get to Anna Maria business area and the same for Holmes Beach but these people can take care of all your needs with out going anywhere. The Island Trolley stops are close buy. The Trolley is free of charge for anyone who is on the island. Nice place.

Room Tip: Park, stay and use the Island Trolley why take a chance driving when you don't know where you ar...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Tampa, Fl
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Visited Haley's for a couple days after Labor day and the place was deserted. Nice collection of buildings with tropical plants between, small seating areas around the property would be enjoyable when the weather is cooler. A short walk to a beach with sand the color and consistency of powdered sugar.
Gardens and outside space could use a little more care.

Room Tip: Several choices, ask to see other rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

On a whim, I decided to stay the night and pulled in to Haley's Motel. Not sure what I was going to get, I was totally overwhelmed. Tom's customer service was excellent. And my room, in the new section, was simply amazing. My room and the resort were both thoughtfully planned and laid out, From the shelf in my shower, clothes hooks in bed and bathroom, to the outdoor sitting area with the wall of beautiful blown glass witch balls. Add walking-distance proximity to the beach, and you get an A+ from me.

Room Tip: Check out the new A, B, or C rooms. I had C. Fantastic.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Great place to stay on Anna Marie Island. Staff was more than helpful from registration to check-out. The room was even nicer than conveyed on the pictures. We loved using the bikes and other amenities for the beach. We would definitely return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Room 9 - King bedroom, with separate kitchenette/living room. Couch was not a sofa but a futon, covered with a sheet. I can understand the sheet, because of the beach being so close by, but it certainly was not hotel standard. Our king size bed was comfortable. The bathroom was barely big enough for my boyfriend, who is 6'3" to turn around. You literally step out of the bathroom to use the sink. The shower pressure was adequate, but the size is very small. I really don't know what a plus size person would do in this small bathroom.
I really liked the grounds, and the decorations and the central A/C. The staff was very helpful, and supplied a beach cart, chairs and bikes. The recommendations for places to eat, was much appreciated.
The reason I did not give it more than a 3, is the other guests staying at the hotel. It is pet friendly. 1) No one used a leash. We were greeted several times, by unleashed dogs, as we exited our apartment, with barking, "in your face" dogs. I literally froze at one point, because the dogs were right on me. It is not comforting to have people say "oh they won't bite" when they are barking at you. There were no fleas, but whatever the cleaning staff uses to cover up the pet smell, Febreze, or whatever, made my allergies go nuts. My friend staying in room 6, also had this problem, and her room was not a "pet friendly" room. Or, it is the musty smell, an earlier reviewer mentioned. I looked at the room A/Cs return vent, and it was covered with dust. I cleaned it, and kept taking Allegra. 2) 8 people were in the pool at 1am. Since we were right next to the pool, we were awakened by conversation. We called the manager, and the response was, for us, to ask them to be quiet. My boyfriend replied, that we were not into "confrontation" at 1am. Something must have been done, because it got noticeable quieter. Really didn't think that this was the appropriate response to a guest. 3) Parking space for our unit was taken over by another car. Luckily we had some other vacant spaces to park.
I really like the smaller, older, quirky style. It is retro, but with some drawbacks. Loved Anna Maria, with the beautiful beach, great restaurants (non-chain), and people. Great breakfast at the Rod N Reel peer; dinner at Slims; lunch at the Beach House. Nautical Museum at Cortez. Will go again to Anna Maria, but will be finding another place to stay, reluctantly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
#7 of 12 in Bradenton Beach
Sunrise Garden Resort
Sunrise Garden Resort
#1 of 2 in Anna Maria

Been to Haleys Motel and Resort? Share your experiences!