“Almost”
Review of Resort Sixty-Six

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Holmes Beach
Resort Sixty-Six
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Holmes Beach
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was our 2nd stay at Resort Sixty-Six. We had booked 2 rooms, one for my wife and I, and one for my parents. Check-in was fairly quick and easy. Having stayed here previously we looked forward to a pleasant stay. They were booked to, and discovered later, beyond capacity. Our unit was a ground floor unit that opened right out onto the beach. It was clean and ready upon our arrival. My parents unit was at the other end of the resort, it too, was clean and ready. After unloading and settling in for a week's stay, it quickly became apparent that management was not enforcing the occupant limit. Several units were crammed beyond capacity with guests' friends, family, and 'visitors'. The overcrowded units were by the common entrances and pool areas, kept their doors open all day and into most evenings. Also, not every room has it's own wi-fi router which made internet access a battle as only one wi-fi router was provided in a few hallways. Wifi routers being $40-$50, plus, Brighthouse Cable internet access for business reasonably priced as it is, made the lack of available wifi connections all the more frustrating, as the overcrowded rooms' occupants completely hogged all of the wifi connections. It's not that hard to set up individually secured wifi routers in EACH room, each with a unique password that would have easily prevented this problem. The resort was clearly being penny-wise and pound foolish with their wifi deployment. As I had brought a few tablets as gifts for my family, they were unable to enjoy them at the resort. Also, the lack of occupancy limit enforcement was even more disappointing. Really made me realize, after all, this is a timeshare resort and had the timeshare overcrowded feel. Great location, nice facility, poor management and poor facility management have caused me to lower my earlier, previous reviews rating to just average. With such an outstanding location, resort management needs to pay attention to details, replace complaining maintenance staff, and, with attention to detail, bring this resort back up to par. Disappointing, we won't be back.

Room Tip: Beach front rooms are best. Remember, this is a timeshare resort and all that comes with it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank zen_journeyman

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We come back time and time again and are always delighted! We are bluegreen owners and this is definitely one that we look forward to booking. Clean rooms, beach about 150 feet away, Publix nearby and did I say the beach is right outside the condo door?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ggwhiteside
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I think if I had not stayed in other oceanfront resorts in Florida, then maybe I would be impressed ok with Resort 66. But, since my husband and I vacation several times a year at various ocean locations, I have to say this is does not measure up to other Bluegreen resorts. The resort is attached to an extremely expensive restaurant (what's up with that?)..The only oceanfront units (5 of them) are on the end with the restaurant.The pool is totally fence-enclosed and very claustrophobic and can be noisy. There are several units with no view of anything and one should just choose wisely when staying here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Gayle W
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The resort location is great, but if you are a Bluegreen owner you do not feel that you have gotten your money's worth (at least I didn't). It is not the same quality product that Bluegreen proclaims their resorts to be! The furnishings are outdated (to say the least) and the villas need to be renovated. The staff were very friendly and willing to do anything to help! No complaints there! However, if you are looking for an upscale resort - this isn't it!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Lynn S
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We booked this resort using our Timeshare points as we wanted to try AMI, having heard so many good reviews on another forum. Very nice resort, rooms very clean with full kitchen, Washer/Dryer, huge bed, TV in living room & bedroom!!
Nice pool & jacuzzi (although jacuzzi too hot for me at 104 deg!!), plenty of loungers, nothing too much trouble for the staff.
The Beach Bistro Restaurant is on the site but very expensive (although we never saw a night it wasnt full). Right on the beautiful white sand beach & also on the free trolly route. Had a fantastic time here & felt sooo rested when we came home.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Mousemad
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We loved Resort 66. The location is perfect..right on the beach...relaxed, friendly and clean. If you like a quiet, comfortable atmosphere, this is perfect. White sand beaches right outside your door,...awesome sunsets,.. and a FREE Trolley to get you around the island...to me it is the best.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
19  Thank SAM C
Reviewed February 3, 2012

First time at this resort but not first time to anna maria island. The place was just what we were hoping for...the room had everything we needed and for the two of us was plenty big enough. Pool/hot tub in the courtyard was excellent, grills(cleaned daily) was a very nice touch. Restaurants galour on island and close by. Publix grocery store and several gift shops also close by. If you want to "chill" this is the place to go. We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: We over looked courtyard and that was great. Several rooms face the ocean but not critical. Try and...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
#5 of 16 in Holmes Beach
Coconut Beach Resort
Coconut Beach Resort
#15 of 16 in Holmes Beach

Been to Resort Sixty-Six? Share your experiences!