WINNER WONDERLAND

eat here
Ranked #5 of 38 Restaurants in Holmes Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Marina Drive
Description: Eat Here offers chef-driven, American artisan cookery. An emphasis on local product and fresh Gulf seafood served in presentations suitable for sharing and tasting. A casual neighborhood place, with a community table, featuring craft beers and wines. On Anna Maria Island.
Peachtree City, Georgia
“Excellent meal and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

One of the best meals ever on Anna Maria. The seafood stew is recommended but forget the food.........its worth a visit to meet Jenevieve.........stunning server.

• Visited July 2014

tampa, florida
“if you like grease....... eat here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

We just got home from a meal (?) at eat here and when I got home I felt like eating a potato chip to soak up some of the grease; that's how greasy it seemed. Forget getting a pizza appetizer, it came on a grease soaked piece of wax paper. Well, I shouldn't have indulged since I am on a diet however the description sounded delicious so we tried it. Mistake. Then I ordered some ribs and the dish came accompanied with grease infused fries. The ribs were tasteless. Ouch, more grease. We have options for restaurants on the Island so its been a year and a half since we were there and also had a bad meal. We thought we would try it again. Mistake. They also tried to stiff us by overcharging on the meal and we had to argue that one. There are many options on places to eat here, so I suggest you avoid eat here.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank suntravelor
Indiana
“Good food and great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

We ate at Eat Here on our recent vacation. We had considered it the previous year but felt the location left a little to be desired. We should have gone because the food was great and the service excellent. Between my husband and adult children there were six of us. We ordered several menu items and shared them. We had a couple of the flat bread pizzas which were excellent, one veggie and one sausage. The fish dip was average but enjoyable. Everyone loved the bruschetta and toppings. The lobster tacos got mixed reviews from average to delicious. I think it depended more on personal preference than quality. The chicken white chili (not sure if this was the actual name of the dish) was great and so was the HUGE grilled cheese sandwich. We didn't have any of the larger dinner entrees but they looked tempting. We had some kind of chocolate cheesecake for dessert...delicious.They do have outdoor seating but you are just in a parking lot. Because our group was larger and it was rainy, we were seated indoors at a long communal table. That was fun as we enjoyed our table mates. No reason to go for the atmosphere but the food is definitely worth the trip and when you add great service (I think our waiter's name was Burns) it is even better.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank beachamie
Bradenton, Florida
“Disappointed - Not what we expected”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

Really wanted to like this restaurant, but didn't. Waitress seemed inexperienced. Very limited menu. Our meal was pricey and not that good. When we told her we did not enjoy our meal, she became argumentative. Although manager offered not to charge us, that wasn't the point. Will go a mile further next time to eat at Sandbar. Much better food and views!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Roanoke, Virginia
“Disappointing - Food Safety Issues”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

While the food was delicious, service was lousy. The waiter did not do a great job explaining the menu. We were under the impression that it was a la carte/family style and ended up ordering too much food. There were long delays between receiving the different dishes of food. Our children were finished eating before we got our meals. I left the restaurant with two of my three children before my husband and I got our meals. The waiter didn't even seem to recognize more than half our table had departed. My husband was asked if he wanted dessert before he received the last side, which came after he ate his main dish. Once it came it was so hot it could not be eaten. Our one-year-old son's bowl of spaghetti was piping hot - why on earth would a restaurant ever serve a child such hot food. As soon as it was brought to the table, he stuck his hand in it and got scalded. This is bewildering and completely unacceptable. I see this as a safety issue. So what if you bring the food straight from the oven, it can't be eaten until it is cooled. To give you an understanding of how hot the bowl of spaghetti was, it was as if the noodles came right off the stove without being rinsed and the sauce poured directly from stove top and then immediately served to my one year old. While I understand the concept of this restaurant, the service was completely baffling.

2 Thank SMLGlod