“Disappointing - Food Safety Issues”
Review of eat here

eat here
Ranked #5 of 40 Restaurants in Holmes Beach
Cuisines: American, Diner, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Marina Drive
Description: Eat Here offers chef-driven, American artisan cookery. An emphasis on local product and fresh Gulf seafood served in presentations suitable for sharing and tasting. A casual neighborhood place, with a community table, featuring craft beers and wines. On Anna Maria Island.
Roanoke, Virginia
“Disappointing - Food Safety Issues”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

While the food was delicious, service was lousy. The waiter did not do a great job explaining the menu. We were under the impression that it was a la carte/family style and ended up ordering too much food. There were long delays between receiving the different dishes of food. Our children were finished eating before we got our meals. I left the restaurant with two of my three children before my husband and I got our meals. The waiter didn't even seem to recognize more than half our table had departed. My husband was asked if he wanted dessert before he received the last side, which came after he ate his main dish. Once it came it was so hot it could not be eaten. Our one-year-old son's bowl of spaghetti was piping hot - why on earth would a restaurant ever serve a child such hot food. As soon as it was brought to the table, he stuck his hand in it and got scalded. This is bewildering and completely unacceptable. I see this as a safety issue. So what if you bring the food straight from the oven, it can't be eaten until it is cooled. To give you an understanding of how hot the bowl of spaghetti was, it was as if the noodles came right off the stove without being rinsed and the sauce poured directly from stove top and then immediately served to my one year old. While I understand the concept of this restaurant, the service was completely baffling.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank SMLGlod

Clermont
“What's All the Fuss!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We took our son for his birthday to this restaurant because of the rave reviews it had. The service was good except the server forgot to get my husband's drink order. He seemed to know about the menu and made some good recommendations which I should have taken because of my menu choice, the veal meatloaf was very dry except for the middle. It was on top of mashed potatoes that was nothing to write home about. For the prices they charge they need to make sure their entrées are top notch. Not sure if we will go back or not - could have been an off night. The restaurant was very cramped with supply boxes lining the walls. If the food was better I could have overlooked the interior.

• Visited June 2014
Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

We waited 1 hour for our food that have no taste. I do not understand how people can write good reviews about this place. BAD RESTAURANT

1 Thank Simone V
Tampa, Florida
“Worst Place on the island”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We waited a very long time to be served by a waiter who appeared to be on something. Food was very disappointing. We left to go get something to eat. DON'T EAT HERE.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kilkenny76
Walton-On-Thames, United Kingdom
“Best meal on AMI.....”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

WOW WOW WOW
We had read good reviews back in England about EAT HERE and they were all 100% right ! We didn't book and on arriving and the restaurant was full , but 2 mins later we were sat at a big shared long top table ,once ordered We had the fries tossed in garlic butter while waiting and all 7 of us agreed they were possibly the best fries we ever tasted!! I had the special of minion steak and giant prawns on mustard mash (amazing) we also had the mussels , pot roast and sausage pizza !! The kids had a make your own pizza which is as it said , waiter brings to the table the dough,tomato base , cheese, pepperoni and once the kids make up what they want the chefs cook it then bring it back !! Very cool and fun for our 3 boys (10,9,4)we had key lime cheesecake and 3 ice creams for desert ....sandbar was our favourite but I'm sorry for them as EAT HERE now gets our no.1 spot...PRICE WAS for 4 adults,3 kids,FYI we had 2 x fries 4 x mains,3 x kids pizzas,2 x deserts ,3 x ice creams ,3 x wines ,3x beers and 3 or 4 kids drinks TOTAL bill with tip $220.00
Waiters were great really helpful,speedy and polite .!! We're going there again this week before we leave PLEASE try this place it won't disappoint

• Visited May 2014