“Breath of fresh air”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Marina Drive
Description: Eat Here offers chef-driven, American artisan cookery. An emphasis on local product and fresh Gulf seafood served in presentations suitable for sharing and tasting. A casual neighborhood place, with a community table, featuring craft beers and wines. On Anna Maria Island.
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Really never would've known about "eat here" had it not been for my sons' mention which led me to TripAdvisor to check on it. In a sea of cookie cutter restaurants, we are always searching for places unique, creative, fresh. "eat here" fit the bill in all of these ways and the most important being a deliciously, satisfying meal. My husband & I arrived at 5:30 on a Thursday evening and were only the 2nd table to be seated however several larger groups followed by 6 p.m. The interior is cool, great paintings, not a lot of seating. There was also tables set up outside the front entrance which would be lovely later evening or any of the other 3 seasons in FLA. I ordered a Pino Gris, my meal the special, Mahi Mahi grilled w/ cute little side salad & side of Aunt Shirley's collard greens. The greens, rich & good w/ lots of bacon....mahi...FRESH & cooked perfect. My husband went for the Gulf Coast Seafood Stew and he was a happy man, everything fresh, cooked correctly, flavorful sauce. It is explained upon seating the 2 kitchen concept & that meals come out as cooked... our meals arrived quickly which suited us fine. I'd think if you want to linger, you may want to mention to your server your wishes. "eat here" definitely on our list of new favorites on AMI.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This place offered appealing dining areas inside and out. The menu items were what you might call comfort food, but they were not your boring, run-of-the-mill stuff, which we appreciated.
I had the veal meatloaf and my wife had the pot roast. There were a lot of items on the menu I'd like to try. I'll have to eat here again sometime.
Eat Here offered beer and wine, but no liquor.

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I appreciate artistic expression in food, but this place tries too hard and makes up the difference by making you think its gourmet by the price. Crazy things in the menu but then the flavors turn flat. Way overcrowded and

1  Thank sunblossom26
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have to start with a thank you to Susan T. for responding to my previous review with a dinner on the house, more than generous. Eat Here was prepared for our visit. They had the chef come and chat with us and he appeared to understand celiac disease must have gluten free food. My husband was excited to be able to order either the chips or frites off the GF menu. We ordered our apps and wine. After husband has several bites the waitress came to remove his app telling him it contained gluten! Seriously, this could have, didn't, ruined him for days. My son, who was not with us thank goodness, would have been ill for at least 3 days. We have to be so careful of contamination by gluten. If a restaurant has a GF Menu they should be sure of their products.
I am sorry Eat Here, I LOVE the food, but you are not SAFE for celiacs.
Susan T. Thank you for trying. It was @ April 18th.
Peace,
Debbie

2  Thank Flowerchild1969
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Fabulous, unique affordable food and drink for kids and adults alike. Great ambiance and service, with both indoor and outdoor eating.