“We're regulars, where everybody knows your name!”

Paradise Bagels and Cafe
Ranked #19 of 41 Restaurants in Holmes Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Bagels, specialty sandwiches,homemade soups, coffee bar. Seasonal dinners Thur.-Sat. w/reservation. Catering available. Bagels, specialty sandwiches,homemade soups, coffee bar. Seasonal dinners Thur.-Sat. w/reservation. Catering available. http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Paradise.Bagels.941-779-1212
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We come here for fresh out of the oven muffins and the bagel,egg,and cheese breakfast sandwich. They are always great. I say that, but we also come for the entertainment. You have a cast of characters that will greet you by name. You might hear about their latest endeavors or even a heated discussion on local politics. We have to laugh sometimes because the team could be right out of Seinfeld. These folks work really hard. They "Paula Dean" their dishes so let them know if your want it "skinny".

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stopped in today (Sunday) for a casual cup of coffee and bagel and what we got was an EAR FULL of conservative, republican garbage! Fox News blaring on the TV and the owner going on and on about "Obama this and liberals that". Hey, it's a free country. We have the right to belong to whatever political group we want to, but really?? On a Sunday Morning? Can you just keep that crap to a minimum please?
The bagels were ok, the cream cheese way too fatty & gooey and the service terse.
Stay away from this place on the Island. Not worth your precious time.

1  Thank CaliGirl0
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I had to laugh reading the review right below mine--I had the exact same experience. My friend and I ordered bagels and muffins to go. After I paid and while we were waiting, we were subjected to the owner having a loud, offensive political conversation right behind us. I don't care what your politics are, I'm not interested in listening to racist, ugly banter. If I hadn't already paid, I would have walked out. To add insult to injury, the food sucked--mediocre bagel and dry muffin. Skip, it, skip it, skip it!

1  Thank AnBrPe
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The lox were soggy and the bagels so so. Plus you have to put up with bigoted politics on the TV and in the cafe conversation. Not going to return.

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

We love breakfast here and enjoy the informal atmosphere. The food is excellent, especially the bagel and egg sandwich!