“Great Breakfast!”

Paradise Bagels and Cafe
Ranked #22 of 40 Restaurants in Holmes Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Bagels, specialty sandwiches,homemade soups, coffee bar. Seasonal dinners Thur.-Sat. w/reservation. Catering available. Bagels, specialty sandwiches,homemade soups, coffee bar. Seasonal dinners Thur.-Sat. w/reservation. Catering available. http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Paradise.Bagels.941-779-1212
Lansing, Michigan
“Great Breakfast!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was recently on a vacation to Anna Maria Island and came to Paradise Bagels. We had been here last year as well and came in a few times for bagels. They have wonderful food. This year I had chocolate chip pancakes and bacon....delicious! Everyone I was with had Eggels (which is basically bacon, egg, and cheese on a bagel but is much better than McDonald's!)...which they loved. It wasn't expensive either. Only about $12 total for my pancakes and bacon (which also came with fresh fruit) and an Eggel which also came with fresh fruit. The people working were very friendly too! Would recommend this café to anyone!

• Visited March 2013

Fairport, New York
“Unexpectedly Delicious Food”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Finding our normal breakfast spot, Peaches, full, we schlepped down the strip mall to Paradise Bagels and Cafe. With lots of tables, but a menu on a blackboard, we weren't sure whether it was table service or pick-up at the counter. Seeing our confusion, one of the busy staff explained that it was order at the counter and self-serve beverages. The blackboard menu had lots of items, but no explanations or prices.

So my Mom ordered a Begian Waffle and I an omelet. What kind of omelet I was asked. Well what do you have and the cook started listing off many options. I chose spinach and tomatoes. "Don't you want some cheese? What are you punishing yourself for?" I went back to the entrance and picked out a couple of bottles of juice. I have to admit I had some trepidation about what kind of food we'd get and how much it would cost.

So I was very pleasantly surprised when I was served at our table a full plate: the large spinach and tomato omelet, some hearty buttered toast, some sliced banana and strawberries and a small dish of strawberry preserves. The omelet was cooked perfectly; the filling was fresh baby spinach and ripe tomato slices (nothing chopped in advance). My Mom's Belgian waffle came with a large dollop of whipped butter, syrup on the side, and the sliced bananas and strawberries (she had nixed the proffered whipped cream). Everything was very good.

The food was served on delightfully mismatched ceramic plates. If you served yourself coffee, you used similarly mismatched ceramic mugs. The decor was part diner, part tropical bistro.

When we finished, the cook totted up what we had, and with tax it came to $18.94. The Cafe accepts credit cards. I thought it very reasonable for the quality and quantity of food and juice we had. As we left we spotted a bunch of printed menus with prices, which we had missed on the way in, so we need not have been so clueless,

• Visited March 2013
England, United Kingdom
“Best food we've had in Florida.”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a friendly little cafe on Anna Maria Island near Bradenton, FL. We popped in here on a very wet and windy day in need of a warm drink, but when I saw one of the staff preparing a smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel, I jsut had to have one! so did my husband. We ordered them on Black Russians - pumpernickel and sesame bagels which were really yummy. The first bite I was sold. Stuffed with delicious fresh smoked salmon, cream cheese, capers, onions and tomatoes on the side, this was indeed bliss. So much so, that we asked if they could make us up a take out pack so we could prepare the same for our dinner at our hotel that night. I couldn't believe the amount of salmon we got when I opened the packs that night! We toasted our bagels and watched the sun set over the Gulf and both agreed it was the best meal we'd had since arriving in Florida a week earlier.

• Visited February 2013
New York
“Nice spot for breakfast”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We went here for a late breakfast of blueberry pancakes and the traditional American breakfast of eggs, bagel and bacon. They also included strawberries and bananas with our meal. Pancakes were great as we're the eggs, bacon and fruit. I have to agree with others that the bagel was just OK. I would come back again.

Solomons Island, Maryland
“Great Bagels”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

great little place for breakfast - great bagels with whitefish would definatley recommend for a good breakfast and resonable prices

Visited January 2013