“Nice spot for breakfast”

Paradise Bagels and Cafe
Ranked #22 of 40 Restaurants in Holmes Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Bagels, specialty sandwiches,homemade soups, coffee bar. Seasonal dinners Thur.-Sat. w/reservation. Catering available. Bagels, specialty sandwiches,homemade soups, coffee bar. Seasonal dinners Thur.-Sat. w/reservation. Catering available. http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Paradise.Bagels.941-779-1212
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We went here for a late breakfast of blueberry pancakes and the traditional American breakfast of eggs, bagel and bacon. They also included strawberries and bananas with our meal. Pancakes were great as we're the eggs, bacon and fruit. I have to agree with others that the bagel was just OK. I would come back again.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

great little place for breakfast - great bagels with whitefish would definatley recommend for a good breakfast and resonable prices

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We were looking for bagels to take back to our rented vacation house to serve with cream cheese and lox for the family. The woman serving us was super friendly and helpful, and I so really wanted to like the bagels (not to mention the convenience of their location on the island) but as I eyed the bagels being put into bags, I changed my order from a dozen to a 1/2 dozen.

I was wise to do so. The bagels tasted like doughy supermarket bagels without the chewy texture of real boiled bagels. Next time we ventured further afield when we made a trip into Sarasota and stopped at Lox n Egg - and got much better bagels.

Sorry Paradise. Wanted to like you.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Lived on Anna Maria island my whole life and have been going here for years. I always just ignored the older lady behind the counter and her bad attitude because it was the only bagel store on the island. This time I have had enough. We placed an order over the phone and the woman taking our order seemed to be so confused over a phone order for three simple bagels. We ended up hanging up and arriving to the store before she could take our order over the phone (8 mins). She argued with me over my order of salmon with cream cheese because it came with capers and tomatoes. Correct me if I'm wrong but when I pay for an overpriced Luke warm bagels I expect to not be argued with over what I want. I got there and had to replace my order and I overheard the woman saying "this is so stupid to get this without capers and tomatoes its like going to McDonald's and ordering a cheese burger without pickles. Not only did she just insult a loyal costumer she said called me stupid and compared her food to McDonald's. I think next time I will go to McDonald's for breakfast at least they will not argue with me and say my food choice was stupid, also three bagels were 18 dollars I was so annoyed I didn't even tell her that was stupid. Great food terrible service and bad attitude... I do not recommend this place.

3  Thank Joe M
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Finally, after too many years of thinking about trying the special Wednesday night pasta dinner, we went. Totally friendly and attentive service. Delicious spaghetti dinner with salad and rolls and wine. And enough for lunch and dinner the next day.

1  Thank Lisa N