“Great Fun”

Zegway by the Bay
Ranked #1 of 24 Tours in Holmes Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A segway tour with Zegway by the Bay is the best way to see Anna Maria Island. As we embark on a guided segway tour of Anna Maria Island, we'll explore the hidden paths most would never know as you won't find them on a map. We'll share with you, as our guests the story of Anna Maria Island from Ponce de Leon, the Seminole Indians, George Emerson Bean, to "Island Stewards" of today. We promote all businesses as we roll along our Anna Maria pathways. We have the weekly updates for several events you may wish to attend. From bands like Koko Ray and the Soul Providers, playing regularly at local pubs and restaurants, to artists like Cheeta, who's art work is painted across the island. We'll share the stories and show the way to newcomers from Leffis Key to Bean Point.Your tour guides live and play on the island and love to share stories with their guests on the guided segway tours. Safety is always important. We do training prior to the tour so no worries and it won't cut into your tour time! We'll train you properly and make sure it is safe for all to roll prior to the tour. Our guides have trained thousands of riders, so rest assured that even if you are riding a segway for the first time, allow these two ladies to train you and you'll be rolling on a segway effortlessly in a matter of minutes.Our full two hour tour is $65 per person, covering just under 8 miles round trip. We stroll along the entire north half of the island. Our one hour tour at just under 4 miles is $45 per person. We do accept cash, Visa, and MasterCard. Reservations are requested as we fill up quick. Please give us 24 hours notice if at all possible.REQUIREMENTS:14 years and up. We've trained up to age 95 years old on a segway. Want to know the story, just ask.100-300 pounds are our weight limits.Any rider under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Shoreview, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great Fun”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

My wife and I took the 2 hour Bean Point tour and had a great time. Never rode a Segway before but as noted by other reviewers the tour guide provides training before you head out. The guide provided narration over walkie talkies throughout the tour. It was an interesting tour made even better by using a Segway. Definitely reccomend that you give it a try.

PA
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Best thing we have done since we got here!”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

People don't assume our OMG means Oh My Goodness. Soooo. since OMW is already taken by "on my way", I am starting LMTU which my Dad & Grandfather used to say which actually was "Well, let me tell you" when something was great but that is too many letters so LMTU will still mean "Well, Let Me Tell You"

LMTU!!! That segway ride was the greatest thing we have done since we got here!!! That was sooo fun. Easy to ride too.. even though though I thought it might not be. Casey, our guide, was a great instructor making sure we were comfortable operating the segway before taking off.! We went all over Holmes Beach and Anna Maria Island. Saw places I never saw before even though I lived on HB 30 years ago. Casey was great with all kinds of fascinating info. My friends who live here as well as the tourists, need to do this if they never have!! We did the 2 hour tour but I am sure the one hour would be great too. However, having done the 2 hour.. I know the one hour would be way too short. I chose Zegway By The Bay because it looked like it had the most interesting ride. I am sure I picked the right tour company.. Now I want to buy a cottage on AMI and two segways! We will be doing this again!

Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A Fun Morning!”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This was our first time ever riding segways and my husband and I had a blast. Casey was such a wonderful tour guide. She made sure we both felt comfortable on our segways before we started. I was worried they would be touchy and hard to control but they were not at all.

We did the 2 hour tour around the island and we learned so much. Casey made sure to keep us off the really busy roads. She also gave us great tips on restaurants and other attractions that we would not have known about otherwise. Can't recommend this enough -- we had tons of fun!

Madison, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An Absolute Must!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Whether you are a first time visitor or a yearly visitor, this tour is a must. Well worth the money! Casey is an entertaining tour guide. We would absolutely do it again! This is a great experience for adults of all ages. Casey does a great job training before you head out on the tour.

Visited February 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Heath, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Zegway by the Bay”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We had a great time on the Zegway tour. It was just the right length of time and riding the segway was easy to learn and a lot of fun. Our tour guide was wonderful. We ended up staying for lunch at the cafe where the tour is ran out of.

Visited January 2014