“"A new island favorite" -me”
Review of Island Grill

Island Grill
Ranked #12 of 43 Restaurants in Holmes Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Providing an exquisite menu that features true American cuisine in a hip environment, Island Gourmet Grill creates palate teasing dishes that guests will enjoy. Island Gourmet Grill is under new ownership. With its clean, Florida atmosphere meshed with traditional yet slightly modern dishes, Island Gourmet Grill is a fantastic choice for dinner with friends or a romantic date with a loved one, and the service and visually appealing atmosphere will surely entice guests to come back for more. Al Fresco dining is also available along with a full bar.Not only does Island Gourmet Grill offer a beautiful dining environment, but the cuisine is fantastic. Some modern Italian classics accompany array of fresh seafood, steak, chicken dishes and delicious hand made pizzas.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Decor - modern, colorful, but clean and uncluttered and comfortable, nice background music.
Service was friendly and prompt.

Waiter dropped an appetizer at our table right after our drink orders, BEFORE we ordered food. We dug in, Firecracker Shrimp, some of the best we’ve had.

I noticed our waiter at the kitchen door saying, he couldn’t believe he had done that...he gave us the next table’s appetizer by mistake. He let us know that was their Firecracker Shrimp app. I told him we would make it up to him. No worries he said, it was on him... no I wouldn’t allow that, and told him I thought it was a pretty huge amuse bouche and we had a laugh. We added the additional cost to the tip.

Lou- "Fabulous!" personal cheese pizza
me -Crab Stuffed Shrimp with potatoes and squash
I never wanted to take my sides home before, I had to have them!
Mr.- Shrimp scampi "seasoned just right. proportion noodles to shrimp just right"

We had ordered a pizza to go here a few years ago, and they are under new management. We absolutely noticed a difference, a great improvement. We would happily dine here again!

1  Thank lpoffenberger
Scott S, Owner at Island Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write. We really appreciate your comments. Thanks again Scott

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We decided to trust trip advisor seeing that island gourmet grill was rated #2 on the island. Boy, what a mistake... The service at the beginning was great... But towards the end it was as if we did not even exist and another waiter was coming to see us instead of our initial waitress. We went at least 30 minutes without anyone coming to give us the bill. The food was awful.... I took lobster Mac and cheese. The lobster was definitely frozen and not fresh was chewy and over cooked and just awful as well as the Mac and cheese sauce. As soon as I left I was not feeling well... And I have now been battling food poisoning and my stomach is still in knots. Not to mention my two year old cousin who is sick and cannot stop vomiting. This restaurant was just awful, and I will not be returning.

2  Thank Jessica P
Scott S, Owner at Island Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

My name is Scott I am the owner of Island Gourmet. I want to first thank you for taking the time to express your feelings. I am so taken back by your comments. I do apologize that you did not have a wonderful experience on your visit. Please do not let one bad experience keep you from trying us again. If you do decided to give us another try I will ensure that you have a great experience. As you can see from all of our reviews that I believe this was an isolated incident.

As far as food poising, I take this matter very seriously. Safety and sanitation is one of our top priority's. I can assure you that the items you mentioned make it highly unlikely to cause food poising that quick. Furthermore food poising incubation period on these items typically takes between 12 - 72 hours. Here is a link for reference http://www.fsis.usda.gov/

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Liked everything about the place. Great food and even better prices. Dined the nite before at The Beach Bistro, one of our favs. IGG not at the same level, esp service, but neither are the prices.

1  Thank johnedwardalley

Thank you so much for writing. Scott

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We dined here for our 10th wedding anniversary. We enjoyed the stuffed banana peppers and eggplant lasagna. Service was fast and friendly; everything was clean, and the atmosphere was just the right combination of upscale and casual.

1  Thank Saturate
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Excellent food, Excellent service! If you are looking for a relaxed, and extremely enjoyable dining experience, make sure you visit the Island Gourmet Grill. I highly recommend the vegetable stack as an appetizer. If you like vegetables you will not be disappointed. My wife had the grouper tacos and loved it. I had the fried shrimp...but let me tell you, they were not the standard deep fried crusty kill 'em with sauce variety. They were large, butterflied, lightly crusted, with an amazing blend of spices. And while the food was excellent our server, Candice, as well as the gentleman working were very attentive. We enjoyed our dinner and enjoyed our conversation with Candice. Trust me, you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank bjdav

thanks for writing, we appreciate your business....Scott